Site and community terms and acronyms
Here are some terms and acronyms that you may see used frequently on our site:
- Daddy Dominant
- Mommy Domme
- Caregiver (non-gender specific)
- Little girl
- Baby girl
- Little boy
- Baby boy
- Little One (non-gender specific)
- Adult Baby (non-gender specific)
- Diaper Lover (non-gender specific)
- Adult Baby and/or Diaper Lover (non-gender specific)
- Caregiver and little (non-gender specific)
- Caregiver and little one (non-gender specific)
- Caregiver and little one; strictly nonsexual age regression (non-gender specific)
- Daddy Dom and little girl
- Daddy Dom and little boy
- Mommy Domme and little girl
- Mommy Domme and little boy
- Daddy Dom and baby girl
- Daddy Dom and baby boy
- Mommy Domme and baby girl
- Mommy Domme and baby boy
- Significant Other (non-gender specific)
- A male or considered to be a gender neutral dominant personality. It is the masculine abbreviation for dominant.
- A female dominant personality. It is the feminine abbreviation for dominant.
- A person who feels they transition between their biological age and mental age. Their mental age is typically more defined or specific, and the person may choose to exhibit their mental age qualities openly. Some transage people have chosen to live fully as their mental age.
- A person who identifies as fluctuating in mental age. They may be more within an age-range or multiple age-ranges versus a set age they typically fall into.
- A person who identifies as mentally regressing, either temporarily or long-term, to a childlike consciousness.
- A person that performs the role of a Caregiver sometimes but that of a little other times.
- restraints & Discipline / Domination & Submission / Sadism & Masochism in relation to kink.
- Dominance and submission dynamics or in reference to a Dominant person and a submissive person.
- Roleplaying, either temporarily or long-term, as an age the user is not biologically.
- Roleplaying, either temporarily or long-term, as an animal-like pet, often "owned" by the person's partner or Caregiver. Often in the community these persons identify as feeling connected to being a kitten, puppy, bunny, or fox kit, but the possibilities are quite endless and could potentially extend to mythical or imaginary creatures, combinations of species, or vaguely unidentifiable other than feeling like a creature more than a human.
- When two or more people interact, playing out an intimate thought, desire, shared interest, or fantasy that is often for sexual gratification but sometimes simply a form of an intimate, nonsexual bonding experience.
- A word that is chosen due to it's ease to say and infrequency of being used to alert the other party in a scene that something needs to stop or be placed on pause for the safety and/or comfort of the person saying the safeword. We do not recommend using the "red" word as a "stopword" or safeword because the color "red" is said frequently during scenes by both parties who may note red blushing, red marking, feeling intense and like red fire, or other very common statements that are said in moments of passion and roleplay. A good choice is to choose one short word together in another language that you and your partner do not speak so that it is easy for your partner to quickly and unquestionably recognize as having deeper meaning. English word suggestions: Bubble, glue, bird
- Physical and/or verbal comfort extended to participants after a sensually heated scene has been played out to help reassure acceptance and care. Aftercare
is typically something the more dominant partner(s) provide to the more submissive partner(s), but even some dominant persons also have value in receiving aftercare.
- Also known as littlespace age, regression age, and play age because this is typically the mental age or age-range a person feels they more closely relate to better than their biological age. Read here to know if you're a little
. Read more about different types of littles
- The thought process present when a person moves their primary focus and thoughts on past childhood experiences or childlike beliefs, thoughts, patterns, or actions as a personal coping mechanism for stress, as a relaxation technique, as a therapy technique to resolve mental conflict (such as PTSD, depression, anxiety
), or as an arousal method during an intimate sexual scene with or without a partner.
Littlespace / Little Space / Headspace / Head Space
- The thought processes and feelings present at the time that contribute to and better define active regression. Read more about what littlespace is to most people here
LDR - Long Distance Relationship
- a relationship between two or more people, where the people involved do not frequently meet each other face-to-face.
SFW - Safe For Work
- Content that is usually deemed to be rated no higher than PG-13 standards and would be acceptable to be viewed in a professional office setting in front of colleagues.
NSFW - Not Safe For Work
- Content, audio or visual, that is usually deemed to be beyond a standard PG-13 rating and would not be appropriate to be viewed in a professional office setting in front of colleagues.
SSC- Safe Sane Consensual
- Mostly a term used within the BDSM community to refer to an intimate activity or time, this means that an action that is occurring or has occurred may appear to be abnormal, violent, or outwardly concerning but the participants in the activity feel safe, are in the right frame of sanity to give consent to their participation, and do willingly consent to the actions.
RACK- Risk Awareness Sexual Kink
- Mostly a term used within the BDSM community to refer to an intimate activity or time, this means that the participants in an activity are completely aware that it may be risky to their health, life, or safety, while fully understanding the depths of the risks they are taking, but pursue interest and participation in it anyway.
TPE - Total Power Exchange
- Mostly a term used within the BDSM community to refer to the dominant person or persons within a long or short-term scene or constant "24/7" relationship dynamic has complete control and authority over the submissive person(s). There is no safeword for the submissive person(s) but no rules for the dominant person(s). The relationship or scene is only ended or terminated upon the choice of the dominant person(s) choice.
Everyone is biologically unrelated and of legal consenting adult age of 18 or older.