IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
By Little_missluna
Sometimes depression feels like nothing, a bleak numbing nothing. All I want to do is sleep and when I'm not sleeping I'm either crying or tearing my arms to shreds. It's not hard to talk about this because I just want someone to understand and talk to. My daddy yelled at me this morning and I've wanted to kill myself ever since I want to jump off a bridge
By Rosetta
I know, ive been in that situation myself for years in a row. It's important to be surrounded by loving people (who may be firm at times), but who mainly support you. And especially to eliminate those in your life that are just not helpful or make you feel negative. In a time like this, you have to see this as an opportunity: You are at a very low point of yourself, and you will learn a lot about who you are. Time to get to know yourself and become your own best friend!

The second thing that helped me a huuuuge lot, is to learn to relativate things. As soon as a thought is not helpful or productive, go for the relativation route. "I did not get out of bed today before 6pm, my whole day/week/life is ruined" -> not a productive thought -> relativation "yeah maybe I didn't get out of bed but in the grand scheme of things I have already chosen deliberately in the past to have a cozy stay-in-bed day and it was fun, plus if i can get up now I achieved that!" (or anything that applies to you and your life

The suicide thougths: Two things: First, realize that this is just a fraction of a moment during the entire course of your life. You've had good moments (however small and pointless they may seem now), and I can guarantee you that you will live many many more beautiful moments in your life. So basically, such periods, they are like a virus of the mind: We know it's there, there's no cure for it, but we CAN treat the symptoms. And for the rest, we have to just "wait it out".
You have two sides in you: The unhelpful depressed side: It's there, and it's important to give credit to its existance. But don't dwell on it. It's only important to credit its existance so that you can make friends with it.
And then, there's the real you, who can't live their life right now they way they want to, because the evil depression-you is blocking the way.
Key: Make friends and learn to live with each other.
There are things that will make your depression want to cooperate with the real you. And that's your goal. See it as a mission of friendship between these two sides: You're now going to take the time to figure out what makes the depression-you worse (as in, no more cooperation between the real you and depression-you) and avoid doing those things, while also finding things that make cooperation more possible.
For me, what was helpful was seeing the light wherever i could. Yes, I got up at 6pm -> Which was still in time before the grocery store closes.
Yes, I ate only one apple during the whole day -> It was healthy and sweet!
Yes, I did get yelled at by a friend -> Maybe I just discovered an unhealthy relationship and I will now free myself of it. (I freed myself off of a LOT of unhelpful friends during that time. Two key things I found out: You are NOT alone. You are having yourself, and "losing" or quitting friendships is NOT the end of being social, it is the BEGINNING of discovering new friendships, and being more free to find these new people that ARE good for me!

It's likely you've already seen this vid, but in any case maybe it will be helpful/calming to you to watch it again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCrniLQGYc

Do realize that you are NOT ALONE
And also, it's great that you are talking about it and "sick of it" and just wanna share your "desperate" situation to find others to talk with. That is the BIGGEST AWESOMEST thing you have done, probably not just today, but also this week, month, year, in short, your WHOLE LIFE!! Because with this step, you have publicly told yourself, YES, I am ready for chance, YES, I am ready to face this stupid depression and HELP MYSELF!
Reward yourself for this, reward yourself for helping yourself get back on track, however small this help may be.

Hope this helped,
Greetings,

Rosetta
By jayman6162
Hey hun, Rosetta hit the nail on the head! I could not have said it any better! This WILL pass and you will be better and stronger because of it. If you ever need to talk drop me a line.
By Monica_Rose
I know the struggle babys I've been dealing with depression for a very very long time and it's frustrating. It's a battle between yourself which is annoying.
By LillithPandora
Wow Rosetta way to rock the reply. That was one of the most well put and helpful responses I've ever seen about dealing with depression and I've read tons over years of dealing with chronic depression. Good Job ^_^
By Rosetta
Thanks, I wanted to be able to say it like that, because even for me knowing these things it is still very very difficult to just "snap out of it" when such a depressive phase rolls in. So I tried to be as precise and complete as possible.
So yeah, glad you all liked it and we can do this!!! :D
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]