IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
Ok let me start off by saying I have just learned about this mdlb, ddlg stuff like 2 days ago, a girl who I'm talking to recently told me she like mdlb, witch sounds awesome at first, I get to be spoiled and everything, but I was raised by a strict father who shut down anything that was not "manly" so it's kinda hard to wrap my head around this and get over me having to be a. Man. Any help?
As a LB with a mommy, honestly, I do in fact think that being in that kind of relationship makes you less of a man and more of a child. I don't believe that relationship makes you less of a boy though. I don't see any problem with liking boyish things and being a child at the same time. Just ask your mommy to dress you in blue and overalls and let you get all rough and muddy off on your own.
As a Mommy with a little, I will say that in our specific case, when he's in his littlespace, I do not see him as a man, but as a little boy. But when he is not in his little space, he is just as much a man as any other. It's important to understand that little space is unique to everyone and that you shouldn't force yourself to be something you're not. If you like the idea of being spoiled and taken care of (in a motherly way) that doesn't mean you have to wear diapers or baby talk. Even if your 'little space' is just allowing yourself to feel vulnerable and allowing your girlfriend to brush your hair or snuggle you, that's perfectly fine.

Also, as for being 'unmanly', my little is a former Marine, and I have two kids with him. He is a great father and a loving and attentive boyfriend. I just also know the side of him that loves Mac n' Cheese and icecream with sprinkles. :)
I think what you're really asking here is if it makes you less masculine.

In my opinion...yes, probably so. Not necessarily all of the time though.

Is that a bad thing? No, absolutely not.

Does that make you more feminine? No, I don't think so. I suppose you can incorporate femininity if you like frilly dresses during play or something though.

Does it make you childish, boyish? Well, yes, that's very much involved in the thought process.

It just doesn't make you a big, burly lumber jack that opens beer bottles with his teeth 24/7 type. Not that you can't sometimes be that and sometimes be a little boy though.

How often does this lady want to to be "Mommy" with you? You need to ask that because it can make a huge difference in your relationship structure. Perhaps she expects you to generally be masculine and do "manly things" or take on normal adult responsibility during the day but after the daily work, chores, and adult needs are taken care of she wants you to regress, submit, and need her. Perhaps she expects you to regress very often or very sparingly. We don't know that.

You can still be a "brave little boy" for your Mommy too though. Just because you're acting childishly doesn't mean that sometimes you can't do big boy, adult things. I mean, at the end of the day, if you two were out and your Mommy was being physically assaulted by some stranger then identifying as a "little boy" doesn't mean you can't act like an adult (or even "manly") and step up to protect her, go get help, or scare the stranger off through physical actions. You probably wouldn't just stand there and sob, weeping like a child might actually do--and, even if you did, it would probably be out of pure shock and terror instead of being incapable to make rational, adult decisions on your needed actions.

You're not being stripped of having the ability to do manly things either. You have a choice. You are an adult with adult mental capabilities. You know how to be a child but you are also an adult.

As an adult in today's world, I think the very least of your worries should be, "Am I being manly enough?" If this lady likes you, and you like her, then do what you two enjoy together. Forget the stereotypes and the outsiders. You just be yourself and let her enjoy those moments with you.

You are special. She is special. What you two have together is special. It's not anybody else's business as long as you two are happy and not hurting anyone. :hugs: Don't be afraid to enjoy life.
MommaWren wrote:As a Mommy with a little, I will say that in our specific case, when he's in his littlespace, I do not see him as a man, but as a little boy. But when he is not in his little space, he is just as much a man as any other. It's important to understand that little space is unique to everyone and that you shouldn't force yourself to be something you're not. If you like the idea of being spoiled and taken care of (in a motherly way) that doesn't mean you have to wear diapers or baby talk. Even if your 'little space' is just allowing yourself to feel vulnerable and allowing your girlfriend to brush your hair or snuggle you, that's perfectly fine.

Also, as for being 'unmanly', my little is a former Marine, and I have two kids with him. He is a great father and a loving and attentive boyfriend. I just also know the side of him that loves Mac n' Cheese and icecream with sprinkles. :)
See I'm normally dominant, but my girlfriend recently opened up to me about this and I want to try it for her but I am generally not a sub, I don't mind letting her don me and I don't want to just throw her wants/needs out the window I would rather do something she likes and I don't like so she's happy then to say no I don't want to, but I feel like at the end of the day I'm less manly, and I take pride and my manliness, I just don't want her to look at me different for doing it
Perhaps talking to her about what she would like to do specifically (like, what makes her feel 'mommy') and then go over what you're comfortable and not comfortable doing.

For instance, have her make a list of things that make her feel dominant/mommy and rank them according to how important these things are to her like:
1.) [Partially domme] Picks your clothes for the day
2.) [Very Domme] Talks to you in a 'Mommy' voice ("Oh, you're such a good little boy!", "Mommy really likes it when you listen.", "Nooooo, don't argue, just do as I say." )
3.) [Very Domme] Feeding you with utensils or fingers.
4.) [Partially Domme] Making and keeping a chore chart with stickers.

Etc. etc. etc.

Then discuss with her the types of things you are willing to try or not and just be open to the experience. If you find that after you discussed it or given it a try that you are not comfortable with proceeding, then maybe revisit the list or even come up with a list yourself of things you'd be ok giving up control over to let her do for you. Remember that this is supposed to be fun and cute and if, in the end, you cannot find yourself in a little space or unable to give up your dominant traits, then it's ok to be honest and just be yourself.

Just an idea, obviously this process is always different for everyone ^.^
-
MommaWren wrote:Perhaps talking to her about what she would like to do specifically (like, what makes her feel 'mommy') and then go over what you're comfortable and not comfortable doing.

For instance, have her make a list of things that make her feel dominant/mommy and rank them according to how important these things are to her like:
1.) [Partially domme] Picks your clothes for the day
2.) [Very Domme] Talks to you in a 'Mommy' voice ("Oh, you're such a good little boy!", "Mommy really likes it when you listen.", "Nooooo, don't argue, just do as I say." )
3.) [Very Domme] Feeding you with utensils or fingers.
4.) [Partially Domme] Making and keeping a chore chart with stickers.

Etc. etc. etc.

Then discuss with her the types of things you are willing to try or not and just be open to the experience. If you find that after you discussed it or given it a try that you are not comfortable with proceeding, then maybe revisit the list or even come up with a list yourself of things you'd be ok giving up control over to let her do for you. Remember that this is supposed to be fun and cute and if, in the end, you cannot find yourself in a little space or unable to give up your dominant traits, then it's ok to be honest and just be yourself.

Just an idea, obviously this process is always different for everyone ^.^
-
Thank you, I time ur advice and just talked to her and she has informed me that she only wants to take care of me sexually, thank u for the help your awesome
being dominant and being manly is not the same hell im a little sissy and im still out side rebuilding cars, hunting, fishing, and doing hard labor job. Not to mention holding the door open ya i wear diapers but say something bad about someone i care about just watch what happens. so yes you can still be manly.
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]