IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
Happy Wednesday, folks! I'd like to kind of share my thoughts on something and then get some feedback.

Age play: Most of you have been in the LS long enough to know the general concept, but for arguments sake and the newbies I'll go into detail about what I mean. For me and I'd assume many others it's a mindset state of blissful regression. It is when I go to my "little space" and become a "little girl" who enjoys being a princess, cuddling with my stuffies, coloring, watching my favorite Disney/ children's movies, etc. Its a form of stress relief for me. It's where my cares and troubles as an adult are put to the back of my mind.

There's all kinds of littles. There's different degrees to which some littles regress into their little space. Some start off and are perfectly comfortable with coloring books and a stuffie or two. Some take it a little further and may use a sippy cup or pacifier as they relax in their onesie pajamas. Some dabble in the world of AB (adult baby diaper wearer).

There's no one right or wrong way to be a little, just like any other aspect of the general BeDeeSeM lifestyle and population. Of course, there's guidelines. There's lots of big words that define what many of us identify with and like, but there's also room for interpretation and what works for you personally as you explore what you do and do not like. That's the reason it's perfectly normal to have someone with hard limits. You can like some and/or most of it but you don't have to love it all.

For example: You maybe don't mind sippy cups but having a paci just doesn't feel comfortable for you. Or you love wearing footie pajamas (onesies) but diapers are a hard limit for you. Even to take it outside the world of DDLG/ CGL... You might not mind giving oral as a bit of foreplay but being face firetrucked or taking a load in/around your mouth face is a hard limit for you. You get the point...

One of the biggest ways that we define who we are as a little is by assigning ourselves an age that we identify with. Now, pick a kid that you watched grow up... maybe think back to your childhood or how your own child or niece/nephew/relative developed.
This is all flexible... but:
Diapers go from infancy to about age 2-3. Bottles go from infancy to about ages 1-2
Sippy cups are used for ages ranging from 1-5
Kids are usually in footie pajamas until I'd say maybe 4-5.
Potty training is done around ages 2-3.
Pacifiers are used from infancy to a wide range of ages (I've personally seen kids who have never used one; kids who gave it up when they gave their bottles up; to kids who used one well beyond "normal" up to like 5/6 years old.
Blankets and stuffies aren't usually grown out of until middle school IF they even are.
Coloring is enjoyed from kids ages 1-elementary school years (5-12) and beyond.
... the list surely goes on. There's so many aspects that it's hard to think of them all.

However, there's also a feeling. In intuition maybe? I don't know how to put my finger on one exact age. Everyone says in the adult and dating world that "you're as old as you feel" and "age is just a number"... but how do you pin it down? I usually just tell people when I'm asked or I'm doing in intro in a group that I'm between the ages of 5 to 9 (give or take). That's a big gap!

So... some thoughts to ponder:
1) What age do you typically identify with? How's you choose that age?

2) Why is there such an emphasis on "little age" in this LS? I get the "how old are you, where are you from?" small talk when meeting people but this is supposed to be a lifestyle that embraces diversity- even if that's in age. Should it maybe be less about "my little age is # years old" and maybe more about "my favorite things to do as a little are (_xyz__) but I really don't like or haven't been comfortable with trying (__xyz__).

3)Doms: do you look for a specific age? Does your little have a concrete number for an age?

4) What are some things that you do when you regress or that you see in your little when they're regressing that they developmentally grew out of and at what age did they? What age range do other kids? (Like when I said kids use sippy cups from approximately ages 1-5)

What other thoughts do you have about the actual AGE part of age play/ little space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi dear!

I defined my regression age by rounding up all the things I personally enjoy in the realm of DDLG and averaged it out. For example, I like pacifiers, sippy cups, movies, coloring, potty training, onesies AND baby talk. All of this stuff ranges from the "real" ages of about 2 all the way to about 8. I averaged out, and said about 5-6.

This being said, I don't think, you necessarily HAVE to define an age. I've NEVER had a dom ask what age I consider myself in little space... maybe that's just experience, but that's how I handled it. I hope this helped, or helped clear up the mucky waters!
Hello! I think little age can be a range, Mine is from 3-7 but the age 5 usually just FEELS right. I know some littles regress more when they're stressed out or tired. I think there's such an emphasis because for some people it helps they figure out who they are as littles and what they're little identity is like. I have stuffies and a sippy cup and I like coloring and watching Disney movies in little space. I recently started using a paci (and I love it) but I was kinda shy about that one because it felt really little to me :)
I am new to the world of littles, that is to say that I have only recently discovered I am not alone in being little, which has been simply magical. To be able to put a name to where I go, littlespace, is awesome. When in littlespace I watch Disney movies and cartoons, colour, play with my stuffies, rock, curl up in my blankie with Duffy, and suck blissfully on my pacifier. I guesss that makes around four or five?
Yes, most of us DDs have an age range that we look for/are most interested in fostering. That being said, it don't know why that would necessarily rule out all age play outside of that range.

Admittedly, I've only ever been on one DDlg relationship (though I was in this relationship for a long time), and perhaps the age range I'm most comfortable with now is because it's the general range my little regressed to: 6-12, and if I had to give a hard number, I'd say around 8, most of the time. Sometimes, she regressed to being a slightly rebellious, pubescent preteen (11-12, and this was often accompanied by outward sexuality and a desire to explore it), and during times of extreme stress, my little girl would (only very occasionally, which is why I don't generally use it in the range) regress much further into an innocent and vulnerable toddler (1-2 range)--and that was always ok, too. While it was not what I was most used to, it was what she needed and where she needed to be at that time...and being a DD (to me) isn't so much about what I need as it's about what my little needs and how I can meet those needs.

We all join this lifestyle because it fills needs we have that can't be fulfilled elsewhere. Realistically, no one little should ever have to defend their range to their (or anyone else's) Daddy/Mommy/Cg/Dom. This is a very personal, and it seems silly to me that any Dom would judge and/or specifically occlude any little because of it. While I can say my preferred range for a little's regression is 6-12, I also know I'm open to younger depending on the person, and that I have some hard limits, as well (like I'm not into adult diaper play, for example). Additionally, I don't think my preferences/hard limits are any better or worse than anyone else's--they're just mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I quickly realized my little age was around 15 months to about 3 years. Because the little side of my likes diapers, plays with toys, watches preschool tv channels (Nick Jr and Disney Jr) plays and pretends my teddy bears are real ect. I have fun with it. I'm just glad I'm not alone in all of this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]