IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
I suffer from insomnia and night terrors so have some issues falling asleep and staying asleep. Even if I do sleep I still wake up tired and often grumpy.

I was wondering if anyone had tips for single littles to help themselves if they have any sleep issues and some tips for caregivers to help their little when they are having issues sleeping.

Thankies :hugs:
What I do when I have trouble sleeping i think of a story in my head. Mostly about being held by someone. If I reallyyy can't sleep I grab my blanket and read some stories that I've read before that r comforting. White noise might help too. Night lights r helpful too!! Keeps the monsters away
By Sleepypurplelink
It sort of depends on the situation, when i have really bad issues with not sleeping for days or getting very little sleep it is because of stress... but maybe some things you could try are:

Having a set time for bed- let yourself have time to do what you need to before you get settled in for the night.

Showering before bed- maybe rinse off and change clothes before getting into bed. Taking a warm bath or shower then putting on something aside from what you put on when you got home from school or work could help.

No soda or snacks for a few hours before bed- caffeine and sugars in soda and candy is something you might want to avoid with sleeping problems. If your have dinner around 5 then let that be the last time to have soda or sweets if your bed time is around 11.

Napping- If your'e napping during the day then i would suggest a very short nap, probably no longer than 20 min with 5 mins to fall asleep. napping for longer could make you feel more groggy and harder for you to wake, and may throwing off your sleeping schedule. I would say that not napping after 2 would be best, anything later might be too late in the evening and could mess with your nighttime sleeping.

Light exercise- I found that going for a short jog seems to help some, stretching, and working up a light sweat before showering helps me relax a little more.

Before sleep activities- do some things in bed that help you stay calm or mellow. Have your phone on a bedside table face down so it isn't right next to you but you can still reach it for alarms and what not. Do some coloring, activities book, or reading... unless you are really into a book you're reading then some light reading might help, like Kudapuppy mentioned, reading a book you've read before. Stuff like this might help you wind down.

Comfort- Get fresh sheets on your bed every so often, fix your blankets if you like it that way. Maybe have some pillows and stuffies next to you for cuddling and just having against you while you sleep. A light that wont be in your face or too bight might help. a night light or lamp with lamp shade could would work, if the lamp is too bright you could put some sort of cloth over the lamps shade to dim it.

Sooo that was longer than i meant... but i hope it helped and you get some sleep, cheers
I like to sleep with a body pillow so it feels like someone is sleeping with me. And I surround myself with stuffies. I also spray my blankey with Daddys cologne so Im comforted. Melatonin or chamomile tea usually helps too. Maybe read a story? Or take a lavender bubble bath!
I'll echo Babyfishie and suggest melatonin. I take it every night, along with an rx pain med I'm on that makes me drowsy. I used to take it with valerian root (an herb for calming down). I only take 3mg of melatonin or else I'm conched out or super drowsy the next morning, and some if I take melatonin by itself.

People also keep telling me to turn off my computer and my phone at least an hour before bedtime, and just read. I'm still working on that, but I've started rereading Harry Potter, so that helps :)

Exercise also can help, as long as you don't do it too late in the evening or it'll wake up your body I guess.

Oh, and if noise is a problem, maybe try a white noise machine. I have one for babies :) it's all ocean noises. I always turn it on before sleeping.

And basically I would say anything that calms you down you comforts you. Snuggling my favorite stuffy calms me down a lot, same with putting. Snuggling a caregiver would be good, too. (I don't have a daddy right now.)

Also though, helping with sleep problems vary depending on why you're having trouble sleeping. For me, it's anxiety, chronic pain, and probably overstimulation from my computer and phone.

I often take melatonin, and listen to a heartbeat white noise i found on youtube and saved to my phone nd kindle. And like others have suggested i have pillows and stuffies surrounding me so its like im not alone and someone is with me. For me personally, i have a twin size matress, and i only leave about ten inches of it clear enough for me to be on my matress itself. :)

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]

Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]