IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
By girlygirlb
I'm a little/middle/kitten and I don't do baby talk through text at all. My daddy thinks it's hard to understand and so do I. Do any other littles or caregivers agree? I know I have the unpopular opinion so I'm curious.
You're not the only one. I'm a Middle/Switch and baby talk makes me cringe a lil'. I find it difficult to understand as well and I can't, in my wildest dreams, see myself doing it. Not knocking on anyone else's thing though, it's just not for me at all.
By girlygirlb
Dew wrote:You're not the only one. I'm a Middle/Switch and baby talk makes me cringe a lil'. I find it difficult to understand as well and I can't, in my wildest dreams, see myself doing it. Not knocking on anyone else's thing though, it's just not for me at all.
I totally agree!!!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

agreed!! I have a few unpopular opinions about a lotta littles these days. I'd never be mean but I seriously silently judge a lot. which I know we aren't supposed to buuut I can't help ittt some things just make me cringe, baby talk included. Sometimes I just have to be like ok that's cute but... what are you saying? Especially over text, i cant understand it. My hubby and I rarely ever text but as a daddy, I can't imagine he'd have any idea how to decipher it if I can't even.
## Baby chat (text)

We used to write with baby chat a lot, especially with our roleplay caregivers. It was fun. We got good at it.

It posed a challenge to them to try and decipher what we wanted. Online communications occur without many of the challenges between real life parents, caretakers (not CGs) and babies (not Littles). Although baby chat will never be as organic as real baby and toddler talk, it eludes to the idea that someone has the need to be small as to try and go a bit further with the type of online communication carried out.

That is not completely a valid reason to go out of our way and pose challenges to other people, but in a way it felt nice when we get to develop out own language with others. We had the security of others caring enough about us as to try and understand a whacky way of typing.

We currently do not type in baby chat at all because we have no need for it. We do not feel at all like we have to behave a certain way (outside of the way we naturally behave) to feel fulfilled with our online relationships.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but also, baby chat has grades and quality. We tend to dislike plain baby chat, where R's and L's are replaced by W's but the user's full lexical is pretty much used. A baby's vocabulary should not be as broad. We also dislike when it is used in contexts other than roleplay, for example, to answer questions about more serious topics. Babies replace, mispronounce, forget, shorten or sometimes lengthen, even come up with words. From our experience, we have not seen many people employ these tactics to make the text feel genuine.

## Baby talk (voice)

We have used and continue to practice and use baby talk and our baby voices when we have the chance to, for example, calls with our Little friends. We purposely make our vices higher pitched, stutter, shorten words, mix sentences up, speak in questioning tone, slur and hum a lot. We believe that we are growing a natural baby voice. We would like for more people to hear and judge us to see just how good we have gotten to be.

Anyway, baby talk is more meaningful to us than baby chat. It is a step closer to reality, as babies cannot type, yet they can really talk. It is also more genuine, as speech occurs on the spot, with little to no time to think about the delivery of the message.

Although we under that we will never ever have natural baby voices again, we have gotten to the point where we believe (not necessarily that is a reality) our voices can almost blend in with real toddlers' voices, and that our manner of speech is pretty close to being genuine. Of course, we would never ever use our baby voices with minors, but we believe that it is nice to give our Mommy another reason to believe in our true inner selves.

On a side note, does barely being vocal count as baby talk, or lack of? Haha.
By littleonexox
It's super weird and creeps me out. Especially when it's coming from a random person. Why would they need to feel that little with me? I don't know you and I have no interest in your littler personality at all, let alone five messages into you talking to me. Can you please keep your sexuality to a consenting situation?
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]