IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
Alright guys. Need help again. If you happened to see my last post about potentially getting a paci, I got one now! 2, actually, I bought a 2-pack from the brand littleforbig. Not sure if anyone here recommends them, I didn't see them in the list for pacifier shopping. Anyway, I like pretty much everything about it except I guess the size of the teat. I like the material, it's seems very sturdy, but I've tried using it when I sleep for the past 2 nights, and it doesn't really sit very comfortably in my mouth. I guess I have a small mouth, because where the bulb sits in my mouth, the widest part of the bulb is pushing on my teeth on the sides. I woke up this morning and my gums were actually a little sore, I assume from having my teeth be pushed on all night. So I'm definitely going to take a break from using it. (The pacifier is designed for adults, in case anyone is concerned about that, this teat seems to be the standard for adult pacifiers.)
Now, I DID look for the pacifier shopping links already posted, adultpacifier just lets you do custom ones, I didn't see a place to just purchase a teat, and pacifiersRus seems really expensive to replace a teat ($65 for the MST7.) But if that's what it takes then I'll save up, but only if someone thinks it will work. To finally get to my question, has anyone else had this problem with a pacifier? Did a longer stem help? Or did you find that it's actually the bulb size, and if so did you find a teat that had a narrower bulb? Or maybe it's something else entirely and I just didn't think of it! Any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance! :yay:
Hi LittleLolifur!
LittleLoliFur wrote:I bought a 2-pack from the brand littleforbig. Not sure if anyone here recommends them, I didn't see them in the list for pacifier shopping.
These pacifiers are widespread and available in a lot of different webstores. They actually come from a design made originally by Baby-Pants, as far as we're aware. Check baby-pants.com pacifiers out here.

You probably got the silicone style of nipple. Pacifier nipples typically come in two materials:
  • silicone, which is a type of medical-grade plastic, and is usually a clear or frosted
  • latex, which is a type of rubber, and usually comes in a brownish-yellowish color
In our experience, latex feels better for extended usage. It is more flexible and the material feels slightly more natural. It also doesn't come with the seam that runs along the nipple on silicone nipples, since the manufacturing process is different.
LittleLoliFur wrote:I woke up this morning and my gums were actually a little sore, I assume from having my teeth be pushed on all night.

We don't know how pacifier usage affects people with smaller mouths. We personally have a wide mouth, so pacifiers we use fit perfectly. We have experience soreness in our gums, though. This may be a sign of gingivitis, specifically non-plaque induced gingival lesions. MedicalNewsToday.com says:
MedicalNewsToday wrote:Non-plaque induced gingival lesions: This can be caused by a specific bacterium, virus, or fungus. It might also be caused by genetic factors, systemic conditions (including allergic reactions and certain illnesses), wounds, or reactions to foreign bodies, such as dentures. Sometimes, there is no specific cause.
We are not medical experts, but we have experienced sore gums directly after pacifier use enough to believe that making sure that we have a clean mouth before use is the best way to prevent or mitigate this issue, in our opinion. Wouldn't hurt to try brushing teeth and using mouthwash before bed, and allowing 30 minutes to an hour to pass and drinking water to make sure saliva levels are nominal and prevent dry mouth.

As for alternative pacifiers, we have a few recommendations. The nipple on the pacifier you're using is already close to the MST7 nipple that you're referencing on PacifiersRUs.com, so we don't recommend you purchasing that if you want to try something different. Instead, you could either get an MST5/MLT5 (which has a shorter stem and a smaller bulb).

But if you want something more inexpensive, you can go for the traditional Gerber NUK5 on baby-pants.com (it's under White NUK menu option) for $18.50. The shape varies slightly from the MLT4, but you should try and see how it's good.

For reference, the second letter of the code MLT5 and MST5 corresponds to Latex and Silicone, respectively. See:
Thanks you guys! Been meaning to get back on here and say that I actually just wasn't using it right, haha. :derp: But life has been pretty crazy so I just wasn't able to. Thanks for the advice! :yay:
Thanks you guys! Been meaning to get back on here and say that I actually just wasn't using it right, haha. :derp: But life has been pretty crazy so I just wasn't able to. Thanks for the advice! :yay:
Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]

Lost Little

Hii :hi: :hi: :hi: Congratulations on discover[…]