IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
By dollyprincess
Please help. I've started dating this guy but he demands that I no longer take my medication, I have major depressive disorder and lapse into depression for weeks and months at a time. How do I convince him that I need my meds? They really help me a lot.
Is your Daddy a licensed and practicing psychiatrist who was actively treating you prior to developing a personal relationship with you?

No?

Then he needs to back off of what isn't his specialty.

Daddies, boyfriends, partners, spouses--are not your personal psychiatrists who prescribe, or un-prescribe, you medication for treatment. Depression is a very serious mental issue that can lead to some serious, life-threatening situations if it's left untreated.

Medication exists to help you cope with your mental disorder while you work on remedying other issues in your life (past or present) that need to be resolved. You can't just go off of them because your relationship is good because that doesn't mean other issues that have led to the depression have been resolved in full.

Please don't stop taking your medicine.

Medicine is very important. More important than a relationship.

Have your Daddy Dom/boyfriend/partner read this if he needs to. Your mental health is extremely important to every aspect of you and your life--including your relationship.

I understand if he thinks, "Oh, you'll be fine! I'll be here for you!" but, honestly, that isn't what is "wrong with you". It isn't that you need one person in your life and all of your issues, problems, troubles, concerns, and sadness goes away like magic.

You should be a top priority to him. That means your health--mental and physical--should be extremely important to him and he should do everything to make sure you are stable, safe, and healthy. Just because you can't "see" a mental issue doesn't mean you're not "sick" with it.

Please, don't stop taking your medication.

If he won't listen then you do not need him in your life.
Please do not stop taking your medication. Whoever this guy is he is not your licensed doctor who is treating you, therefore he should not have control over that part of your life. If he can't understand this then cut him out of your life.
By not-a-crybaby
no matter how much someone loves you or how much you love them, never, NEVER put your own safety at risk for them. my own Daddy wishes i could go off of my meds because he wants his love to be all i need to be happy, but he knows that it cannot be that way. he loves me enough to know that i need my medicine and not ask me to stop taking it.
also, randomly stopping your meds can not only cause your depression to come back, it can also cause it to be worse than it was before. stopping medicine like antidepressants can also give you flu like symptoms because your body has gotten used to having them.
please talk to your therapist if you really do want to stop taking them, but don't just straight out stop them. good luck sweetheart, i wish you strength and the best.
KitKat
By Deleted User 8140
Hi Dolly,
DON'T!!
I do not know if your Daddy knew you before you started taking the meds but, he should not be interfering with your medical care. Your doctor knows what you need. Depression and anxiety are not going to just "go away". If you care about this Daddy and want this to work long term, you need to go to joint counseling. I do not know what he is trying to gain by having you stop taking your meds. The only thing I can think if is that some anti-depressants effect libido and your ability to climax. If this is his concern, there are newer meds that do not have those side effects. I currently take a newer med that has actually INCREASED my sex drive and performance.

Depression and anxiety are big problems. A little friend of mine committed suicide last week partially because she would not take her meds.

If your Daddy continues to pressure you, you need to find a new one.

Cuddles and Hugs!
wow, I have the same problem !!
I've stopped my medicine and ive been feeling bad.
i really agree with everyone else, don't stop taking it!
i'm too scared to do it, but i bet you can. if you ever want someone to talk to or vent or anything ! i'm here for you!
hope everything is well♥
well, he has a point, in the fact that in his imagination, he thinks his mere presence is going to stop you from being deperssed again.... Like everyone else says, if he isnt an actual psychologist his love for you isnt exactly going to do much against your depression if your meds arent there unfortunately. Neither can he really simply access the reason behind you getting depressed and that you get depression from lonelyness is unfortunately just his opinion and cannot be proven.
I am also having depression and i actively choose to not ever touch mental meds for the side effects. I know that havnig a steady, caring partner would stop me from being depressed (it actively does help). BUT once you actually TOOK the meds adn are ON the meds it is ONLY your treating psychologist who is responsible for you being 1) on them, and how much and 2) taking you OFF them again. Mental meds are never for a lifetime. So, maybe it helps to tell this to your boyfriend, that you are seeing your psychologist and are being treated for depression and that your meds are a part of the treatment your psychologist (an actual professional you payed) decided is best for you and you choose to go to this psychologist to get better so he needs to respect this choice and the trust you placed in your treating psychologist.
If your boyfriend has concerns or thinks it isnt clear when or maybe even IF you ever get off of meds during your life (and i can see this can be a concern because side-effects are sometimes not pretty :/ ) you can always ask him to come along to your next visit at the psychiatrist/logist? I am sure they are very willed to explain to him also why you need them and assure him that you'll be fine while being on meds :)
You don't need him in your life if he isn't going to support you and what ever you have going on. I'm not talking about financially either. I mean emotionally he should be there for you no matter what

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]

Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]