IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
By KittenBlossomxXx
I'm feeling the fiest and I need to rant for a moment so thank you for your time. I am SO motherfiretrucking SICK of getting messages from Dom's that IMMEDIATELY call me petnames (such as baby, kitten, sweetheart, etc.) For example, Me: "Hello :3" Them: "Hello, sweetheart." "Hey baby." "How's my sweet kitten? ;)" NO. firetruck OFF. You do NOT get ownership and you are NOT entitled to every god damned little you find. Just because you're a Dom and I'm a Sub does NOT under any circumstance mean I am YOUR sub. I am a WOMAN. Let's pretend for a moment that we were to meet on the street or be introduced as a normal pair of people. Would you walk up and say "Hey baby" and WINK at me on the first date? The first meeting???? Think for just a moment how disrespectful that is!! Littles are PEOPLE and I speak for the men too that your Dom's should respect you more than that. Yes, the dynamic of our relationships are different. But there should be even MORE respect because of the sheer amount of trust this particular dynamic takes. Most Daddies and Littles have real, true, loving, meaningful relationships, and that's basically the point. A CG is more protective, caring and acts sometimes as a mentor. With that there needs to be RESPECT. And when you don't respect your little as the man or woman that they are...what kind of Dom are you? Entitled, that's what. I've had someone tell me to "not bother to message back" because I asked not to be called kitten right away. Another that I just encountered was very gracious about it and accepted my anger in stride and will most likely walk away with better understanding. As innocent as it may feel or seem to some of the ones that have done this, you need to step back son and think about it like this: just because this is the internet doesn't change the fact that we are people not playthings, there is someone on the other side of the keyboard. I don't want to be your evening slampiece or sex icon, I'm here to find a Daddy and be a part of the community which is extremely frustrating when you're bombarded with bullshit. To me, this isn't an evening kink. It's my god damned LIFE. :angry:
By KittenBlossomxXx
PrincessArielM wrote:Here here!! One asked me a few days ago to send him a naked pic. When I asked why he said "to stake my claim". Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How firetrucking rude!!!! How would their MOTHERS feel if they knew that's how they were speaking to women? God. The nerve!!! :angry:
By KittenBlossomxXx
PrincessArielM wrote:Right? I just laughed, flipped off the message and blocked them. Grrrrrrr...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is such bullshit that we even have to go through with that measure. It's an immediate turn off. I get excited talking to new people and immediately revert in age going to my littlespace. I've never come back to my real age this damned fast when I am spoken to like that. I have been talking to someone I'm really interested in for a few days and NOT ONCE has he referred to me as his yet. No names other than my real first name and I respect that SO MUCH. Makes him seem like a REAL daddy not a sleaze.
Hi there!

I know this can be a difficult subject to discuss and I felt like it would be appropriate for me to respond with some information from the administration/moderation side of things in the community. I understand that the usage of some endearing names, such as Princess or Babygirl, is something uniquely special about our dynamics. You must understand a few things though:
  1. Members are often not reported for casually or leisurely using these endearing terms. This is taken to be believed the recipient of the name is not being bothered by that. If it isn't reported then we honestly don't know it's bothersome to anyone. We aren't able to alert the user to their inappropriate behavior if we don't know about it.
  2. Many people use these endearing terms in their username, making it even more difficult for another member to refer to them as something other than these terms. Oftentimes, people are just so quick to register account without honestly realizing that we are a social community and that the username they choose is what they will generally be known as on our site and in our chat room.
    For example, "Babygirlx3" would very likely be referred to as "Babygirl" because, well, they've kind of invited that. What else would we presume as acceptable to refer to them as if they haven't clarified anything else? "x3" is typically seen as just a face and not actually a word.
    A user name is created as a personal handle/online name (and potentially persona) so I have no idea why someone would make a name up and use it if they aren't comfortable being referred to as it online.
    • - For example, if you did not clarify any other appropriate name to call yourself on the site then I would very-innocently assume you were accepting of being called Kitten (definitely an endearing term in the community), Blossom, KittenBlossom, or KittenBlossomxXx. Humans like to shorten and abbreviate names, for whatever reason, and we're lazy when it comes to working (typing, in this situation) so it's almost natural for us to refer to others with the shortest acceptable name possible.
    • - For example, in the vanilla-world many names are shortened out of pure convenience. I, personally, have a birthname that is almost always (very rarely not) shortened--even by complete strangers! See what I mean here:
      "Nicolas" often becomes "Nick".
      "Samantha"/"Samuel" often becomes "Sam".
      "Catherine" often becomes "Cat" (which, honestly, could be seen as degrading to refer to a person as an animal).
      "Carlos" sometimes becomes "Carl".
      "Timothy" often becomes "Tim."
      "Elizabeth" sometimes becomes "Liz".
      "Mickey" often use to become "Mick".
      "Ricardo"/"Richard" often becomes "Rick".
      "Pamela" becomes "Pam".
      "Annabelle" often becomes just "Anna" or "Belle".
      "Margaret" often becomes "Marge".
      "Melvin" often becomes "Mel".
      "Jeffrey" often becomes "Jeff".
      "Allison" often becomes "Ally".
    While I, personally, don't see the reason why we should shorten given names, and I try not to participate in shortening names out of personal convenience, I do understand that it is general social norm for us at this point.
  3. Please know that, as much as we may disagree with this behavior, it's incredibly difficult to enforce a strict rule that says, "No endearing or pet names when replying to someone unless you have their prior consent to do that!!" since we can't honestly say we don't know that two users haven't previously interacted or agreed to the exchange, private messages aren't being reported, and we can only base information on what we are seeing as publicly posted. We don't require a user to specify who they have and haven't agreed to these terms with on the site so we have no way of knowing who may truly be "violating" this unspoken code of conduct.
Now, I do agree that it's inappropriate to refer to someone as a petname without prior consent. It is quite rude and, in my opinion, disrespectful to assume someone is accepting of being called an endearing term even in the vanilla world. If you have thoughts on how to educate our community then please do feel free to share them so that this thread becomes more productive and is seen as educational versus an irritated rant.

Teddy Bear Cuddles,

Admin.
For the dear admin that responded to my post: I am completely not blaming the site at all! I've met some really wonderful people through LSO. It's just so frustrating, because I have written in my ad and on my page what my name is. Those responding to my ad may just be overfriendly. But it makes so many people uncomfortable! Being called by my username would be fine if it was indeed my username. There probably will never be a good answer to this problem. There are just so many people it appears to be abusing this site and community. Even once blocked from here, they can find another means like DDLG dating sites. I just wanted to make it clear that a lot of Littles will be offended if cou come onto them in such a manner. So the new Doms and Subs should be aware that it isn't a necessary thing to put up with being disrespected in such a manner. I mean, to each his own, some may enjoy it. But again you should have consent or at least know the person better than a "hello"
You're so right! I don't mind at all people calling my Bunny even though it is one of my pet names, its also a nickname that I go by a lot but if I were just meeting someone I wouldn't want them calling me baby/princess/ect. ESPECIALLY if they said "My princess" "My baby" as if I had ever spoken to them. It makes me not want to talk to them after the first sentence, I take it as a bad sign if they're trying to claim some sort of ownership over you without even knowing you or having your consent or anything at all.
Bunny_Brat wrote:You're so right! I don't mind at all people calling my Bunny even though it is one of my pet names, its also a nickname that I go by a lot but if I were just meeting someone I wouldn't want them calling me baby/princess/ect. ESPECIALLY if they said "My princess" "My baby" as if I had ever spoken to them. It makes me not want to talk to them after the first sentence, I take it as a bad sign if they're trying to claim some sort of ownership over you without even knowing you or having your consent or anything at all.
Girl, you're preaching to the choir!! It comes off as entitlement in my opinion.
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]