IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Littles here answer questions about being a Little.
Note: Littles do not answer site-help questions.
Forum rules: 
* * * CLOSED TO NEW TOPICS * * *
Please post all new questions in the main General Discussion area of the site.
This NOT an area for personal ads!

Only people identifying as Age Regressors (littles, middles, adult babies, etc.) or switches should be replying to these topics!
Hi,

Are there any littles here in uni/college that struggle being big when they have work to do? Sometimes (quite a lot) all I want to do is hide under my blankets, watch movies and snuggle with my stuffed toys- especially when things get tough.

I don't have a daddy either which doesn't help :(

How do you manage?
OMG SAME. So far, I try to break up my homework so I did a little bit of it each day instead of doing it all at once. I also downloading a whole bunch of games on my phone so that I can get rid of some stress throughout the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[quote="Stampette"]Hi,

Are there any littles here in uni/college that struggle being big when they have work to do? Sometimes (quite a lot) all I want to do is hide under my blankets, watch movies and snuggle with my stuffed toys- especially when things get tough.

I don't have a daddy either which doesn't help :(

How do you manage?[/quote]
I will get back to you as soon as i can. Let me ask my little girl. I will have an answer asap

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
When I was dealing with college, I was going through a lot of squat that didn't feel very good. For me, I have always just called myself a workhorse and toughed it out, but this probably won't help a lot of people.

Most important for me also was scheduling things. I scheduled time for homework and study, but I also scheduled me-time. This was important because I was basically working on stress relief during this time. I always adhered to my schedules as if there was a big telling me to do these thing and when to do them.
What I do usually is try to find something to reward myself with (my daddy goes along with it but since you don't have one you can definitely do it for yourself) so like for each assignment you complete, you could reward yourself with snacks, movies, shows, etc. it works for me! So hopefully it helps you too! If you ever need a little friend to vent to I'm here (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What all the guys above have said is all great advice. I want to re-iterate what Batty and Malla above have said. I'm not at uni myself - not any more. But I was. And when I was at uni I felt the same. When I was at uni, my terms were longer than most of the rest of uni too, start the year on the 1st September, finish the year at the very end of July, have the month of August off for summer holidays then start it all again. 2 weeks off for Christmas, 2 weeks off at Easter. It was longer than the traditional school year. Assignments, coursework, essays, practical placements, it felt like it was never ending. On the one hand, you just want to stay in bed, cuddle your special teddy and eat sweeties. On the other hand, you have your weekly project that you need to research and complete, you have reading up to do on another subject, you need to revise ready for a test later in the week, plus you really need to be thinking about your termly assignment. It gets very stressful.

You need to remember that it's stressful for everybody. There are lots of others in the same boat, struggling to juggle uni and personal life. It is, however, made more difficult when your brain wanders into a different mindset. For me... I would get overly stressed and my mind would just shut off and be like "La la la la la la la, not gonna adult today!" It was far from deliberate - my brain sorta does that in stressful situations. The best way to cope, from my point of view, was twofold. The two things I did are exactly what Batty and Malla have said above.

1) Scheduling. Try and keep to some sort of timetable. I knew that on a Monday I would get my weekly project. So Monday was for researching that project. Monday lunchtime, library, get books, check the internet, print off stuff. Monday evening, look through everything and figure out what is useful. The resources I find on Monday would be what I use. Then Tuesday evening, I put it all together. I use Wednesday evening if needed. Ready to present it all on Friday. Using lunchtimes at uni was useful to get things done such as research and revision, that way I didn't need to do it later, at home. Keeping some sort of schedule is really, really important. It's VERY difficult when you first start, but you eventually get into the swing of the routine.

And...

2) Rewarding yourself. When you have your schedule, you can compartmentalise your grown-up stinky work. It also means that outside of that schedule, you can relax. So.... for me, I would do my work during the week. That would leave me weekends free to do what I want. You know what? Sometimes that would involve not getting out of bed, snuggling with my teddy and just being little. Sometimes it would involve going out shopping or watching a movie or.... well, anything. Just relaxing. Letting myself be in little space if my brain happened to go that way.

It's all about trying to find some sort of balance. You can't be little all the time. And equally, you can't work yourself into the ground. 'Balance' is something that people really struggle to get the hang of. But it is something that, if you can get right, will stand you in good stead for the rest of your life.

Something else I should perhaps add. Wanting to hide under your blankets and hide away from the world can also be a sign of being low. I know for me, my little side came out so much because I was feeling very low. I did my best to get through uni by attempting to be organised, like I described above. However, sometimes you do need a little extra help to get through it all. I was lucky, I was in touch with a counsellor who I had seen for years and who was very helpful when I was really low or stressed. However, all universities and colleges in the UK (I checked your profile, you're in the UK too which is why I'm mentioning this) have an obligation to provide free counselling services for students who are struggling emotionally. If you feel that you are struggling, it may be worth looking into that.

Good luck! And if you feel you need space to be little, then this is the perfect place! :D
I actually find it harder to let go and be little... When I'm overwhelmed by a bunch of midterms and papers and projects, I go into a sort of MUST FOCUS ON SCHOOL mode, while also getting nothing done :( I tend to procrastinate and I do have a busy life outside school so little time is very rare to me, and when I do have free time all I think about is "I could be working on that paper due next week" or "I'm behind on readings in this class" and kind of talk myself out of little time. I met a new daddy and I'm hoping he'll be able to help me with this problem ☺️
Alygal1331 wrote:I actually find it harder to let go and be little... When I'm overwhelmed by a bunch of midterms and papers and projects, I go into a sort of MUST FOCUS ON SCHOOL mode, while also getting nothing done :( I tend to procrastinate and I do have a busy life outside school so little time is very rare to me, and when I do have free time all I think about is "I could be working on that paper due next week" or "I'm behind on readings in this class" and kind of talk myself out of little time. I met a new daddy and I'm hoping he'll be able to help me with this problem ☺️
Definitely had the same issue last year. School work got so overwhelming even feeling like going into little space was time I could be utilizing better and not "wasting it." That caused a bit of depression resurgence, but happy to say that it's mostly resolved at this point. Time management, and allocation, is definitely important.
I have the same problem. I write out the answers to my home by hand first and then type it in after I've given myself a few coloring pages. That way I won't stress too much. It's help a lot so far. If I break each assignment up into smaller sections and reward myself with little time I feel better. But it takes longer so you have to plan for that.
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]