IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers here answer questions about being a Caregiver.
Note: Caregivers do not answer site-help questions.
Forum rules: 
* * * CLOSED TO NEW TOPICS * * *
Please post all new questions in the main General Discussion area of the site.

This NOT an area for personal ads!

Only people identifying as Caregivers (Daddies, Mommies, Babysitters, Aunts, Uncles, Bigs, etc.) or switches should be replying to these topics!
By rainna
Do all daddy doms believe in spanking their littles? Just curious if there are alternative disciplines. Are some daddies more gentle?
Do you help your little "grow up" depending on the kind of daddy you are?
By JuneStar
I'm not a Daddy but I have permission from my Daddy to post on his behalf. (He has read over my answers and said they sounded very accurate.)

Do all daddy doms believe in spanking their littles?
Daddy does not believe in spankings as punishments and I don't enjoy being spanked for pleasure. Daddy does not punish me. Daddy would never be that way with me because it isn't something we enjoy in our special dynamic.

Are some daddies more gentle?
Daddy is what is called a "gentle Daddy" actually. He has a dominant personality but does not dominate me in the traditional sense. He guides me and helps me flourish. He watches out for me, having my best interest in mind, and will "lead the way" with our major life needs. He will provide correction in the form of guiding me in the right direction but we are far from the typical BeDeeSeM relationship.

Think: My Daddy is the dog trainer that trains the dogs by rewarding them by good behavior and guiding them through the right steps for a trick--not the dog trainer that says, "Bad dog!" or smacks the dog on the bottom when they've messed up.

Do you help your little "grow up" depending on the kind of daddy you are?
I suppose Daddy would be that type; however, Daddy wants me to be who I really am. I like to play around 4 years of age and Daddy is happy with that. He likes me being giggly, smiley, bubbly, and carefree. He encourages me when I need encouragement but doesn't expect me to give up being a little or increase my play age as time goes on. He helps me be a better me.
By rainna
wow thank you Star. I think this is exactly the kind of daddy I am looking for. Your relationship is so beautiful to me. And for him to just let you be you.

I cannot hide my little anymore. I have always used masks to cover her up and it's not fair to do that. I would love to find someone who accepts me.
By UnsoundMethods
Hi Rainna,
I've had an interest in being a daddy for four years and counting. I wouldn't spank a potential future little, as I don't believe in it as a form of punishment. As someone who works as a high school teacher in addition to being interested in being a daddy, I believe there are alternative disciplines. Discussions, and making the little realize that their behaviour was wrong, is far more preferable for me. I'm more caring and loving than a dominant kind of daddy.

I'd also like the potential future little to be her on her own terms, as in I wouldn't like to change anything about her.

These were just my two cents, but I hope they helped.
Hello Rainna-

I know this post is a little old, but as someone who really enjoys administering a spanking, I feel like I have to speak up. You should only be getting a spanking from your Daddy if you have agreed in advance to it. If you don't like getting spanked, tell your Daddy. If Daddy doesn't listen, get yourself another Daddy immediately.

As to how gentle a spanking can be, that's a similar discussion. Spanking can be limited to a playful tap with clothes on, right? Or any level that YOU decide you are comfortable with. This is why you set safe words.
help, i have no clue what im doing :(

i made an introduction and im not sure if i did i[…]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]