IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
By Gemdolly69
I deal with anxiety,bipolar,severe depression,self harm abandonment issues on a daily basis. having these issues and being a little can be very tough to deal with just in your own and when you have a caregiver,Mommy or even a Daddy they need to know these things, so they know what to keep an eye out for. Things aren't always so noticeable. So to the caregivers out there that have a little with any or all of these problems be very vigilant and careful with your actions, try and notice any triggers. Can't stress enough communication and icecream goes a long way
By JuneStar
I think you're on to something that is extremely important in our community.

Littles are fragile. Our hearts are more tender than most. We may have social anxiety more than other sectors of the BeDeeSeM community. We may be more emotional and more on the "needy" side of things.

I think it's important for Caregivers to realize this and know that it's important to focus on keeping us in the right space. I've seen a lot of littles feel internally pressured to be smaller, slimmer, and more childlike in appearance. I've seen a lot of littles have social anxiety fears because they were often not able to fit in with their peers when growing up. I've seen a lot of littles deal with depression for the same reasons.

We need each other and we need Caregivers to take an interest in how we feel, how we are reacting, and how to make things a little better for us.

Good Caregivers know this and they are keen to pick up on issues right away and help us deal with our internal dilemma. I only wish all Caregivers would do this!
By Deedee
These are spot on. I'm only new to this world but I'm already scared of not finding the right daddy who will be patient enough, loving and caring and will take the time to understand me and love me for who I am scares and floors included. I also have bipolar, anxiety and abandonment issues. I'm worried that there will be some unsafe carers out there and a little will put their trust into the wrong person and be even further hurt or damaged. So I guess we all have to be very careful who we put our trust into. I have a question. Do people thing being little has anythi g to do with childhood trauma or abuse?
I deal with bipolar, depression, anxiety and autism; this can make communication very hard, especially when I'm feeling nonverbal (as a little or otherwise). I agree, caregivers need to be extra vigilant, but littles must be honest as well! I'm very new to the community and I got lucky--my mama and I have been together on and off for four years, so we know each other pretty well.

I think it has something to do with trauma only in the sense that we're making up for lost time being cared for. I didn't have a horrible childhood, but it wasn't easy at all. I don't have abandonment issues, but I struggle with being inadequate for my caregiver or partner at the time. I think we're craving that safety, protection, and love that comes with being a little. That doesn't mean this applies to all littles, by any means, but I think it's a common denominator for a lot of littles.

This is a really good topic btw, glad I found it!!
By kittenloveswolf
I also have bi polar disorder and anxiety and depression and also O.C.D, so I understand fully. I just found this website and i think it is absolutly amazing for littles and everyone else to have a safe place to express themselves and find friends to relate to. It helps to be able to feel safe with mental illnesses.
By rainna
I am so glad to find this topic and I am grateful for how much all of you have shared. I struggle with chronic depression, anxiety, social phobia and I am agoraphobic. I was diagnosed with a mood disorder a couple of years ago. I hang out in my room because it feels safe, like I am being swaddled. And curl up in my blankets in the fetal position at times. I love this website. What a wonderful place. I also worry about putting my trust in the wrong person. Someone who isn't a true daddy.
By raebae
I'm very new to the cg/l community, but from what i've seen everyone is super supportive, and a good number of the littles i've met do have some mental or physical health struggles. Us littles gotta stick together. :3 I think it also does help to have someone able to give care and support when we need it. You guys have all posted about mental disorders (and i have an anxiety disorder), but does anyone else struggle with physical/chronic illnesses? I have chronic migraines and a connective tissue disorder too.

That being said, my papa also struggles with depression, and it's not like, exclusive to littles, and as much as my papa is there for me and helps me out, I have to do the same for them at times.
I have Borderline personality disorder, anxiety, ADHD, and a bunch of other stuff mentally and physically.
I haven't really struggled with any of these recently but I remember when things got really bad a few years back I'd just kinda regress and become nonverbal and just wanted to play with toys or colour. I didn't know what this meant at the time.
I don't have a caretaker but I mean this would be important for them to know.
Luckily my boyfriend doesn't seem to care much about the fact that I have Batman bedding or had an Elmo blanket or that I say blankie.
But he also doesn't know about any of my age regression yet.
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]