IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
Hii, I think this would go here, since smoking damages your physical health and stuff.
If not, I'm sorry and feel free to delete okays? ):

I'm currently in progress of quitting smoking, a bad habit I picked up when I was much younger as a crutch for anxiety (it calmed me down a lot). I decided to quit when I noticed I was coughing a lot and it hurt to breathe or do anything related to cardio. I'm having a very hard time quitting 100%, even after trying to switch to vaping. Vaping has definitely helped my breathing, but I hope to quit nicotine all together.

I'm also trying to wean and completely abandon coffee as I'm addicted really badly right now, if I go without caffeine I get horrible horrible migraines where all I can do is sleep. I can't walk, eat, do anything basic.. It's horrible. Not to mention I drink so much (maybe 2.5 pots a day) I can get a full days amount of calories with just the sugar/creamer.

I was wondering if anyone else here has had similar or other addictions that are damaging to their physical/mental health and how they may have beaten it, or tips and tricks to beat bad habits while at the same time forming good habits.
By bluedinosaursocks
Congrats on your decision to quit smoking! I don't smoke or have too big an issue with caffeine (although I love tea and pepsi).

I do have a few bad habits though that I think might be related to my mental health issues. I bite my nails, I pick at the skin around my fingers (mostly my thumbs) until it bleeds (drives my fiance crazy), and I pick at my scalp (usually not until it bleeds). The nailbiting, I've tried everything. The picking at my fingers, I don't really notice I do it until my fingers feel wet with blood and I've realized what I've done. The scalp thing is a big one. I had head lice once as a child, and ever since then (don't worry, I got rid of them), I've been picking at my scalp trying to find imperfections and stuff). My head is constantly itchy and I always feel like there's stuff there, even though there's not anything there. I have no idea how to stop and it's embarrassing. I am constantly touching my head and have to make a conscious effort in public to not touch my head. Not fun :(

I've been really trying to keep my hands busy, but when I feel the urge to pick at my fingers or my scalp, it can be really difficult to control it.
[quote="bluedinosaursocks"][/quote]

Thanks for replying. Haha.
I hope to make caffeine a once in a while thing instead of an "I need this or I cant do anything" thing.

For the nailbiting have you tried gum? I use to have a horrible habit of chewing on things, my fingers, lips, inside of my cheek, clothes and etc. I found that if I chewed some gum I kept the feeling of needing to chew things distracted a little bit, every once in a while the habit of trying to chew my fingers kicks in and I just go grab some gum when I realise what I'm doing.

For the scalp thing.. I do that too actually, I don't realise I'm doing it until it's too late lmao.
By Deleted User 23747
This is a bit late, but congrats on making the decision to quit smoking!! :)

Bad habits of mine would be smoking and drinking. I got into smoking a few years ago thanks to my now ex boyfriend, but I've been trying to stop. If you ever want a stopping buddy (that is if you haven't already managed it since this was posted a year ago) you can always shoot me a pm.

Drinking is something I grew up around. It isn't terribly bad and I'm not addictive to the bottle, it's more like once or twice every other week....which still is kinda bad.
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]