Section for Help and Informational Articles?

Rosetta
Role: Little girl

Section for Help and Informational Articles?

Postby Rosetta » 11 months ago

A suggestion:

To have another tab at the top full of informative articles.
I have seen a few already popping up on Home, but they dont always show up and it takes a few refreshes before they might show.
It would be nice to have one section where all the info is gathered, and new people can go there to read and learn more, as well as people who just wanna learn more and gain more experience that way.

So maybe it should be a forumsection, or maybe an article tab, I don't know what is handier.
I do know that so far, I really loved the guides, such as "Info about the lifestyle" and others. I think they are more easy to really learn frmo since they are conclusions and not a discussion...
So maybe, when we discuss in the forum and some sort of general opinion/information has come out of these discussions, or when tehre are several similar topics showing up where the community answers in a similar way, we could bundle all that info, and write a new post, a guide, for people to read in the info section.

That way, this site can also become a nice wiki overtime with information derived from the community :)

admin

Re: Lots of Info!

Postby admin » 11 months ago

We're not going to be able to make a drop-down tab for all of the articles. There are easily 20 completed articles we've gathered for the site so the drop-down menu would be kind of excessive and very long.

We did, at one point, have a page that had listed off each article horizontally. That sort-of still exists on a subsite, but it isn't easily accessible and is kind of clunky. We got feedback once that it looked like too much information splattered on a page (since it was primarily a long list of the format: article name/title - article link) so it was overwhelming to users. This was back when the site was pretty new-new though, and we've gained a lot of very helpful, kind members that are willing to guide new folks around the site when asked.

We could make a section within the "quick links" that is labeled something like, "Dynamic Info." or "Resources" some such (suggestions? it has to be relatively short to fit) and create a page that lists off each and every article again.

Rosetta
Role: Little girl

Re: Lots of Info!

Postby Rosetta » 11 months ago

Oh yes, that sounds like a great idea! I think "Resources" is great, or it could be "Tips&Tricks" or "Knowledge-base" or something.
I know there are a lot of helpful members around and its great, it would be amazing if all those helpful members go on being helpful by discussing on matters and then derive guides out of them like all the other articles (and wow, ive only encountered three so far while searching, i can't wait to read the other 17!). It would be a great section for those people who are introverted or just not too eager to ask outloud for help or guidance. Great even for people who DO talk much, because sometimes we can just read something that we would have never come up with asking because we simply didn't know it existed.

And of course the things we debate about in the forum are sometimes just opinions, but maybe when they are greatly formulated they could be quoted in such a guide. Then each "situation" or "theme" of these dynamics could have gathered info, examples, and insights from members on it.

And to derive articles from forum posts, there could maybe even be a Info Team or something ;)
I dunno just thinking out loud hehe :D

In any case, I like your idea a lot! I was thinking more along the lines of having a forum with different threads like each thread being a different topic or guide, kind of like in the Announcement section.
I think your idea is much better and fancier hihi, and it will make this website also more websitey!

Return to “Site Suggestions, Questions, & Feedback”

Littlespace Online : 
IMPORTANT RULE FOR ACCESSING OUR COMMUNITY SITE!