Chat Members Status Colors

PrincessSnowStuffie

Chat Members Status Colors

Postby PrincessSnowStuffie » 11 months ago

admin wrote:Welcome to the forum. We're glad to see you around.

The format in the personals section is not mandatory, but we do find it helps in providing a good amount of personal detail for match-making. It's up to you though! You are welcome to remove the formatting and create your own ad in however you'd like.

Oh, thanks! One more thing, in the chat, the red and green thing by everyone's name, what does that mean?

admin

Re: Chat Members Status Colors

Postby admin » 11 months ago

The chat is scripted from an external source and we pay a monthly fee to use it as we like. That being said, some of the features aren't very controllable. The colored circles you see beside each person's name is part of that set of features.

Red = User has purposely set their status to "busy"
Orange = User has not refreshed the webpage recently and is "idle/away" by system standards
Green = User is actively refreshing the page or browsing around the site and is "active/available"

You can also see these features broken down when you right-click on your username in the participants panel. You'll see the drop-down to let you purposely choose any of the above selected statuses or a white status that makes you "hidden" to other participants.

In short: Don't think too much about the status colors and just enjoy each other here on Littlespace Online. :D

Rosetta
Role: Little girl

Postby Rosetta » 10 months ago

Yeah, i would like to see a lot more green, but it never happens even when people are actively chatting. So basically when people are busy reading the forum (and not chat), their name will be green, but if they are reading chat (and thus not refreshing the page) their status goes orange. Well, i wanted to put my name green so maybe people will say hi if they see im active, so i did the trick with rightclicking my own name and putting it on available. It went back to orange after THREE seconds!!! So yeah. Im not sure if the software allows you to change these options but it would be making more sense if it would be green when we are actually typing in chat. And then if would be still green for atleast 1 minute or so after we last said something. Then at least we get a better idea of who is actually chatting, and the orange status could mean they are people that are just reading or browsing the site (without being active in chat).
What do you think?

admin

Postby admin » 10 months ago

Rosetta wrote:Yeah, i would like to see a lot more green...

Rosetta wrote:...so i did the trick with rightclicking my own name and putting it on available. It went back to orange after THREE seconds!!!

Rosetta wrote:So yeah. Im not sure if the software allows you to change these options

Rosetta wrote:...it would be making more sense if it would be green when we are actually typing in chat.

Rosetta wrote:What do you think?

I'm sorry, Rosetta, I thought I had made my wording clearer in my original response. The little circles that indicate status are not a feature we have any control over. I understand that it would make more sense to have them follow status based on if the user is actively typing/chatting but, unfortunately, we didn't script and build the chat room, aren't educated enough to create our own, and must rely on the paid service for the room.

For now, all we can suggest is to simply ignore the status colors and simply enjoy chatting with whoever responds. For the most part, the chat room seems to function well enough for use, but there are some features we wish it let us control (such as a lower refresh time, user status times, and group private chat options). Perhaps in time we will run across some better scripting for this feature of the site.

Return to “Site Suggestions, Questions, & Feedback”

Littlespace Online : 
IMPORTANT RULE FOR ACCESSING OUR COMMUNITY SITE!