Artificial Intelligence Robot or Electronic Pets (Pleo the Dinosaur ?)

Forum rules
It is not okay to post a personal, match-making, or "looking for a special someone" ad in this discussion section! Please post all dating ads in the correct section of the forum.
AlienPink
Role: Little girl

Artificial Intelligence Robot or Electronic Pets (Pleo the Dinosaur ?)

Postby AlienPink » 1 year ago

Hi!

I really, really, really want a pet. Daddy likes pets too. Unfortunately, we live in a super duper teeny tiny one-bedroom apartment and there just isn't enough space. Plus, the landlord doesn't permit any pets whatsoever. Not even caged pets like bunnies!

I went online and I was searching for maybe like electronic pets or robotic pets that acted like real pets. Like, you know, walked around the house and stuff. I found this dino called Pleo RB that I think is AMAZING. It's over $400 but I'm thinking a real puppy would end up costing just as much--especially if it's a purebred--after buying things like food, collars, toys, and beds for it.

Does any little have a Pleo? Because I was wondering how they liked it, if so, and if they'd recommend it to other littles..?

AlienPink
Role: Little girl

Re: Artificial Intelligence Robot or Electronic Pets (Pleo the Dinosaur ?)

Postby AlienPink » 1 year ago

Sooo...

I bought one.

My Pleo RB is on it's way to my teeny apartment and should be here next week. I am really excited about it!

For anyone wondering: the Pleo RB is sold on their official site (right now they have a summer special where you get a pack of toys for it for free) for $469 USD. The weird catch is that it costs about $150 USD EXTRA for shipping charges because it's shipping from Hong Kong and when it comes to the U.S. it goes by FedEx. The extra $150 is kind of crazy to add onto such a pricey toy / robot pet!

So, what I did was looked on eBay.
There is an official seller of Pleo there that sells lots of robots (they have an official website too -- RobotShop INC). I ordered Pleo from eBay AND all of the toys PLUS a spare battery. I ended up with a bill of like $548 BUT shipping was free (and faster) + I got a lot more (if I would've bought all of the toys and a spare battery from the official Pleoworld site it would've been a whole lot more expensive).

So, while Pleo is costing over $500 it's probably the best birthday gift I'll ever get. Pleo will last for years, will 'grow' or 'evolve' to some degree, can be customized (personality-wise), and is just so much better than a real life pet that NEEDS maintenance and will eventually pass away and stuff. Pleo is kind of a safe middleground to that, I think.

Anyway, I'm really excited to get to play with it. At first it starts off as a 'hatchling' baby where it can't walk and depends on you to bring it it's food and pet it lots and keep it warm (if it gets too cold it even shivers! omg). Eventually (after hours of play) it matures into a toddler then teen then adult, basically, where it's movements go faster and more fluid / less clumsy.

ANYWAY -- if anyone else was thinking of getting one then let me know! we can talk about it!

Return to “General Discussion”

Littlespace Online : 
IMPORTANT RULE FOR ACCESSING OUR COMMUNITY SITE!