How to swaddle your adult self
Supplies you will need:
Self swaddle all by yourself, for yourself!
- A yoga blanket or a queen or king size flat sheet
- Floorspace large enough for you to comfortably roll your full body over three times
Lay out your thin blanket or sheet so that it is in front of you as a diamond shape on the floor. One corner should be at your feet. Sit down onto the fabric with your feet at the lower corner and most of the other part of the fabric is behind you. Bring up the lower corner and tuck it between your shins and calves securely but not tightly. Lay back onto the sheet or blanket with your knees still bent and holding onto the corner still. Sweep your left arm straight up alongside your left ear and roll onto your left side. Tuck your left arm back down alongside yourself and reach over your body with your right arm to grasp the blanket or sheet. Pull the fabric over and cross your right hip and tucking it snuggly behind your back. Roll onto your back and sweep your right arm straight up alongside your right ear. Roll onto your right side. Bring down your right arm and tuck it comfortably, but snuggly, against your body. Roll slowly onto your front, allowing your legs to straighten during the movement. Continue to roll slowly back onto your back to pull the blanket across your full body. Rest once you are again on your back. We recommend taking a large, deep breath and exhaling slowly as a final step to achieving the relaxation adult swaddling can provide.
Quick Overview Step-by-Step Instructions:
Instructional video example (unaffiliated with Littlespace Online):
- Spread out the blanket or sheet on the floor in a diamond shape.
- Position your feet at the bottom corner and pull the sheet up to tuck in between your legs.
- Lay down on your back with your knee bent.
- While still making contact with the floor, lift your left arm straight up by your left ear.
- Roll onto your left side.
- Bring your arm down alongside yourself snuggly and reach over yourself with your right arm
- Pull the blanket over your right hip.
- Tuck the blanket in snuggly behind your back.
- Roll onto your back.
- While still making contact with the floor, lift your right arm straight up by your right ear.
- Roll onto your right side.
- Bring your arm down alongside yourself snuggly.
- Roll slowly onto your front while straightening your legs out.
- Continue to roll slowly from your front to your side and returning again to your back to pull the blanket across yourself.
- Take in a big, deep breath and release it slowly. Relax, rest, and enjoy!
Answering questions like: Is breastmilk bad for adults? Am I really a little? How can I be a little? What is my little age? How do I tell someone about being a little? How do I make a little smile every day?