IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
My questions are pertaining to littles, but I read somewhere that I can't ask a question in the 'ask a little' area of the site. Any answers would be appreciated!

1. Can anyone be a little and/or regress? I've been reading about little space and I relate to a bunch of the things, but I've never regressed or anything. Is this something you can just do or do you need to be born with the ability to do so?
2. If so, how does one regress? I know it's usually a response to trauma or stressed and google says there's voluntary and involuntary regression. How do I voluntarily regress?
3. Are there any ways to know if you're a little without regressing?
4. What are some things to do while in little space while alone?

I know these are the kind of repetitive questions you must get a lot, but I'm extremely confused rn.
Thank y'all so much! <3
ChaosBrain wrote: 2 years ago 1. Can anyone be a little and/or regress? I've been reading about little space and I relate to a bunch of the things, but I've never regressed or anything. Is this something you can just do or do you need to be born with the ability to do so?
2. If so, how does one regress? I know it's usually a response to trauma or stressed and google says there's voluntary and involuntary regression. How do I voluntarily regress?
3. Are there any ways to know if you're a little without regressing?
4. What are some things to do while in little space while alone?
You’ll find most of these answered in our helpful resource articles.

The quick overview that answers most of these is that being a Little is a personality trait. It may be a born trait, something that was developed very early on, or a combination of those developmental factors but it is simply a part of how the individual perceives and interacts with the world. It is not actually caused by trauma, not developed because of “a bad childhood”, and is not a coping mechanism, but could be perceived as so due to the feelings of relief when a person feels comfort expressing themselves without regulation (which is something a Little is naturally taught to do as they’ve grown and matured throughout the developmental years).

Regression (aka “littlespace”) is the externalized self-expression that feels most gratifying and fluctuates throughout the day from very small, nearly unnoticeable behaviors to more elaborate expressions (which may come about during stress-relief or even the very opposite—tension—just as any other form of self-expression tends). It’s my experience that Littles are always to some degree little, whether they realize their reactions and responses are regressive or not. Friends and family often unknowingly describe a Little as quirky, goofy or silly, playful, “a character”, or even outright “like a big kid”.

Littles are just as capable of success as other personality types, but may often require more encouragement, clearer reward systems, or different forms of stress relief that are regressive in comparison to non-Little peers. Being a regressor (aka “Little”) is not a mental disability, challenge, disorder, or illness. There is a medical term “regression” but that isn’t quite what we’re referencing. Regression experiences can be stress-relieving, freeing, or fulfilling in the way creating art is for a devoted artist—the ability to express yourself in a way not everyone understands but that becomes a deeply personal, emotional display to those who do see it and understand.

Please do read through the resource section to find more detailed information like how to tell if you’re a little or how to set yourself up to encourage more regression.

Enjoy your path and whatever you find along the way :hugs:
Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]

Lost Little

Hii :hi: :hi: :hi: Congratulations on discover[…]