IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
We understand that there is a very wide spectrum of what makes a little a little and makes a Caregiver a Caregiver. We know that the reasons people have for these things are quite vast and can be difficult to pinpoint even for the person with that role. Some are even just based on someone's feelings more than other personal evaluations. However, just like anything people do need to have some backing (personal reasons or feelings) for their identities and labels they take on since those labels mean something.

Do you think that it's possible that some people accidentally mislabel themselves as a little over trivial things that they don't think is typical for that of an adult?
For example, perhaps they don't realize that other adults can and do enjoy cartoons and they accidentally believe that since they like cartoons, and cartoons are generally intended for biological children, they must automatically be a little. Let's say they only know about the little identity because their friend is a little, and when they see their friend enjoying cartoons with them they assume they must hold the same identity since their little-friend is acknowledging they are an atypical adult.

Do you think that it's possible that some people accidentally mislabel themselves as a Caregiver also over trivial things that they believe makes them an atypical adult?
For example, perhaps they misunderstand the Daddy identity as "Daddy kink", gaining physically intimate gratification when their partner calls them Daddy during intimacy, but they have no interest in "taking care of" another person in ways we think of as being a Daddy by personality. Let's say they only know about Daddy kink from adult videos and when doing a broad search to find partners who would call them Daddy during intimate encounters they accidentally assume that it's what the entire community is based around.

If you feel this does genuinely happen then do you believe it's just misunderstandings and lack of education about the community? Do you think it's possibly even a common occurrence? Do you think there's a way to help people further their discoveries and accept validation of not being a part of these roles after misinterpreting or misunderstanding the community? Do you feel that some of the encounters with "fake" persons within the community are directly linked to people genuinely, accidentally mislabeling themselves, not intending to do harm or have malicious intent but simply not knowing better?
Do you feel that nobody ever misidentifies themselves throughout their lifetime? Do you feel enough information is available about the CGL community that it's impossible for a person to misidentify as a little or Caregiver?
In my experience, "misidentification" seems to be part of the evolution, so long as the individual is growing. If the person is stagnant in their identification, then chances are there is no growth, no exploration of self. Human nature ebbs and flows cyclically, and so will the nature of the identification. One example of this that I see regularly is an age-player identifying as a Little. The difference here is that an age player will regress instantaneously to their conciously decided age(s) while the Littles age(s) will vary based on a number of factors such as audience, emotional/mental well being, the weather, and so on.
The only FAKE little is a catfish, but even then, Everyone has an inner child, right?
skjaldborg9 wrote: 5 years ago In my experience, "misidentification" seems to be part of the evolution, so long as the individual is growing. If the person is stagnant in their identification, then chances are there is no growth, no exploration of self. Human nature ebbs and flows cyclically, and so will the nature of the identification. One example of this that I see regularly is an age-player identifying as a Little. The difference here is that an age player will regress instantaneously to their conciously decided age(s) while the Littles age(s) will vary based on a number of factors such as audience, emotional/mental well being, the weather, and so on.
The only FAKE little is a catfish, but even then, Everyone has an inner child, right?

I can absolutely agree with you on misidentification potentially being a part of a person's self discoveries and evolution.

Ageplay is defined as acting out as an age the person is not biologically. Ageplay is basically the physical manifestation of actions that portray the sense of infancy, childhood, or prepubescence. It is the representative outlet for people who are Little, atypical adults with immatured personality types.

A little is an age regressor. They experience regression. A little is a person who identifies as mentally regressing, either actively aware or unaware, to a childlike consciousness. It isn't just feeling childlike or recalling feelings from biological childhood.
It doesn't have to be a constant regressive state of mind either. The little doesn't even have to be aware they are being childlike to be experiencing it. It's very personal and something that people experience and describe differently.
Not every adult bodied person is capable of experiencing regression on a natural level.

A little (again, a person who performs activities of "ageplay" when they perform actions that portray the sense of infancy, childhood, or prepubescence; ageplay is not defined by physically intimate activity) does not necessarily just choose an age or age-range to act out for their fulfillment. Little-age is determined based on a number of personal factors, but generally it does revolve around the natural regression itself. A little is naturally drawn to items, activities, inactions, and content specifically targeted to biological children of specific age-ranges. When a person really evaluates these interests and fulfilling things about themselves when experiencing any stage or form of regression it can help them better determine their little age or the type of little that they are in the community.

Littlespace, regression, is quite complex in that's difficult to place into words that the average person can understand without giving them an "excuse" to why it's being experienced the way it is for our community members. For many people first learning about littles they often ask, "Why? What caused this?" and that speaks volumes in itself. When humans look for the "why" of something and cannot simply accept it on a basic understanding of how things just are then it tells us that the situation is atypical. We believe here that littles are anomalies--carrying the trait of a personality that experiences natural forms of regression (periodically in bursts or episodes or consistently throughout everyday activities, experiences, and even inactions) or, more basically, one that does not age as expected despite no intellectual disability that would be the actual cause for a state of mind not equal to that of their biological peers.

Your separation of these things is based on incorrect data and misunderstandings stemming from the BeDeeSeM community initially relating ageplay directly to sexually based scenes ("Daddy kink" as the easiest example). We are not a subgroup full of kinksters though so the terminology stemming from the BeDeeSeM community's understanding of us is not necessarily accurate and is really only based on their own members (which may or may not also be a member of our CGL core community). There is a massive amount of misinformation being spread due to their ideas that we are under their BeDeeSeM umbrella.

Littles are not necessarily just a person who has an "inner child". Littles, age regressors and age regression experiences, are not simply boiled down to "inner child" feelings that everyone experiences or feels. Littles have a unique personality trait that is not common, typical, or expected in society. They are, to some degree, an anomaly and that far extends past the idea of a person's "inner child" that is generally understood.

These definitions are standard and are outlined within our Site and community terms and acronyms page. Please educate yourself through our reliable resources about the community from the actual community directly:

http://www.littlespaceonline.com/viewforum.php?f=88

I believe you may have been the person who said that AB do not experience regression because they are always genuinely regressed and that it was the difference between AB and littles. This is untrue. I would like to reiterate again for you and other people who may not know either that it is not the regression capability or time-spent while experiencing any form or level of regression itself that separates these identities. It is the age-range in which a person associates.

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]

Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]