IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Share favorite or interesting recipes.
By KatzesDaddy
Hello again all,
I'm a big fan of salsa and recently I've taken to making my own. I've made 2 batches of garden salsa, and have been told i've improved.

A forewarning: I cannot taste cilantro. it tastes like soap, it makes everything it is in taste like soap. It also tastes like soap to Katze as well so I will not be adding it to any of my recipes.

However I don't believe in being too good at something and think there's always room for improvement, so that's where this thread(post?) comes in. I would like your guy's ideas on this topic.

My first recipe: (without any real measurements)
4 Serrano peppers
1 Pablano pepper
5 Roma tomatoes
1/2 medium white onion
6? green onions
a decent amount of cumin
2 cloves of garlic

this netted about 2.5 pints of salsa. It was good but not very spicy.
I pureed the peppers and onions together with the garlic, then i cut the romas into smallish chunks and then put those in the food processor as well. it came out good. but not great. Due to quality of tomatoes it came out kind of grainy. For the green onions i used about 3/4 up the green stalk. the last 1/4 is always either really bad, dirty, or unusable so i usually throw that out with the little tendrils on the bulb part.

my second attempt is as follows:
7 Serrano peppers,
1 giant pablano (i mean this thing was bigger than 2 of the tomatoes)
5 "normal" tomatoes
1 habanero pepper
1 whole white onion
12ish green onions
a decent amount of cumin
3-5 jalapeno peppers (i dont remember how many i made this in a hurry before work)
about half a bulb of garlic (5-7 cloves)

This attempt came out better. i pureed the peppers onions and garlic again to a nice pasty substance (gave it a very nice thickness to the salsa. I then put the tomatoes in the blender for about a second after cutting them into 8ths to make a nice chunky-ish base before mixing everything together in a large bowl.
This netted about almost 1/2 a gallon that was significantly hotter than the rest (apparently?).

On both attempts i used seeds and everything in the peppers.
If you guys have suggestions i'd LOVE to hear them! My kitten likes salsa so I'm trying to make a good garden fresh salsa recipe that we can both enjoy.

Thanks all!

Sparky
Potty training potties

I am not an old enough babygirl yet,to even think […]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]

Lost Little

Hii :hi: :hi: :hi: Congratulations on discover[…]

I think it will always be a difficult subject, but[…]

Being permanently regressed would be literally imp[…]