IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers here answer questions about being a Caregiver.
Note: Caregivers do not answer site-help questions.
Forum rules: 
* * * CLOSED TO NEW TOPICS * * *
Please post all new questions in the main General Discussion area of the site.

This NOT an area for personal ads!

Only people identifying as Caregivers (Daddies, Mommies, Babysitters, Aunts, Uncles, Bigs, etc.) or switches should be replying to these topics!
I was wondering if caregivers inquire about the past of their Little’s and their upbringing? Or if they take that into account for how their little acts and reacts? For example, my parents were emotionally and mentally manipulative and controlling. That has left a lot of baggage and hurts. I guess my real questions is, are caregivers willing to take in Little’s with baggage?
A good caregiver will take a little with or without baggage I can understand what your saying about baggage I've got quite a bit to as I had alot of family issues when I was yng but what has happened in the past should not affect wether your caregiver takes you as there little or not if they dont take you because of any baggage then there not a good caregiver and they dont deserve you
I had an ex-caregiver who asked me about every part of my past. It was super overwhelming, and I wish he would’ve waited until I felt comfortable enough to tell him, rather than berate me into telling him. :/ I’m so glad that relationship didn’t pan out — he was horrible
I guess I didn’t really address your question, lol — caregivers have to be keen to your previous experiences and “baggage” in order to be a good caregiver. How are they going to take care of you if they aren’t aware of certain triggers, your past, etc? I think it’s important for them to take interest in learning about your past because it’s what makes you, you!
That being said, don’t let them force you into confiding your secrets into them! If you’re not comfortable sharing certain information with them, you don’t have to. :)
I am and I do. I want my little to be comfortable with me, and I think being comfortable means also being able to communicate without hesitating. The last thing I would ever want to do is to hurt my little, especially if it's because I touched on a sensitive/bad/traumatic part of his life.
Ideally, I wouldn't force it upon a little/switch i was around. It's always best to let people open up naturally. But at the same time, a caregiver will be more than willing to open their ears when you're ready to talk, and I'm sure they'll understand everything that comes with it. It might hurt if they can't, but someone who can't handle all of you is someone who shouldn't be taking care of you.
JT, I agree completely. I like to know about their past but it's not something you can or should force, especially right away.

LittleSpartan,
Everyone has some baggage if you dig deep enough, obviously to varying degrees and I'm not trying to diminish any pain you may have experienced in your past. But there is no perfect person or perfect life, thankfully; that would make life very boring! I wish you the best for your future :)
Generally I believe that it is a good thing to do so that you know what kind of things the little has been through in life. It can help the two of you avoid conflicts on issues down the road as well as help you maybe figure out likes and dislikes that they have that you didn’t know about
Overwhelming your little with questions is never a good way to go, no matter what it's about. You've gotta find your littles flow and match the tempo, yaknow. No rushing. And don't get left behind either. Equal outputs, equal efforts, equal exchange of knowledge about each other at equal flows, etc. But if there's no flow of information from one person at all, and tons of flow from the other, something's not right and that's okay, that's what caregivers are for, to fix what's not right 😊
If it's more like an interogation then a conversation it will create strife. We are all broken. Understanding someone's past hurts and joys is healthy. I feel a great caregiver will take the time to know more about you. And you should also want to know more about them.
Sometimes talking about past hurts can help, it can open up room for healing and let the love work. The name Caregiver says it all. They care about you, what hurts, what makes you laugh, what food you like and don't.
If they try to smash down the walls then it can leave a bigger broken mess. It all takes time, understanding and most of all, Love
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]