IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Share favorite or interesting recipes.
By CelineCinnamon
Are there any vegans here?
What are your favourite recipes?

Maybe for cookies and cakes because it's winter and i love to bake *-*
By tinykumquat
old topic buuuut I've been eating all plant based for quite some time. almost a year

I just made a tofu stir fry with a vegan peanut sauce. It was so good.

making the stir fry is easy, just a little coconut oil, veggies and baked tofu.
I make the sauce from powdered ginger, orange juice, soy sauce, hoisin, almond milk, cornstarch, siracha and any other spices, maple syrup, raw sugar or brownsugar. I whisk that all together with the frying veggies and add noodles or rice.

I've also been trying to experiment with different vegan mayonnaise recipes.
I have been vegan for 1.5 years and went raw a few weeks ago, but my favorite thing to eat was onions, baby bella mushrooms, corn, jalapeños and little cherry tomatoes diced up and put into a bell pepper. If you can find a good vegan cheese you can mix that in but usually I just added some chili powder and baked them at 350 degrees until the skin gets a little discoloring (darker spots or an all over lighter colors) or the peppers are cooked how you like them.
I am not vegan, per se, but I do have a very peculiar diet and there are certain things I just can't eat anymore. I love queso. I can't explain how much I love queso, but I do. My friends call me the queso profit and even got me a shirt that says "In queso emergency, pray to cheesus." I mean, I love it.

That said, I found a pretty good vegan queso recipe. http://cookieandkate.com/2017/vegan-queso-recipe
It's really good and while not exactly like the queso I so love, it's a great substitute.

My favorite cake is Cheesecake. Yes, I realize it isn't a "cake", but I still love it and I found a GREAT recipe for it. http://minimalistbaker.com/easy-baked-c ... -vegan-gf/

It is a winner. I am almost as particular about my cheesecake as I am my queso.

You're probably sensing a cheese theme, so let's keep that moving.

3 Words

Mac 'n cheese
http://www.blissfulbasil.com/smoky-vega ... nd-cheese/

Cashews make a great cheese substitute....who knew?
By NevaehReign
One pot recipe.

Ingredients:

12 ounces dry pasta*
1/2 small eggplant, cubed
2 cups cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
1 small white onion
3 cloves garlic, minced and divided
2 cups vegan marinara sauce
2 cup water
Sea salt + more for eggplant
Ground black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
Basil (To preference)

Cooking:

Dice the eggplant and set in on napkins to dry out for about 30mins to 1 hour.
Dice the onion, mushrooms (add the eggplant) and sautee them in a big pot with a splash of olive oil.
Add garlic after about 10 minutes on medium to low heat.
Once done (when you can really smell the garlic) take the veggies out and set them aside.

In the same pot (Don't wash it) add the pasta, water, and marinara sauce. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to a simmer until the pasta is cooked to your liking– will vary depending on kind of pasta. (Make sure to stir once or twice so the pasta doesn't stick)

Once cooked, stir and taste to see if any more seasoning needs to be added. I added more salt and fresh herbs at this point. Remove from heat and top with eggplant-onion-mushroom mixture and more thinly sliced Basil.
By Deleted User 30863
I'm not actually vegan myself but I came across this recipe for vegan banana bread on YouTube. If you search for 'vegan banana bread Sarah Carey' on YT you'll be able to find the video that goes with it. Recipe has just been copied down as I found it. Hope you vegans out there enjoy it :D

Ingredients

1/2 cup coconut oil, melted, plus more for pan
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 & 1/3 cups mashed very ripe bananas (from 3 large)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Method
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
  • Sprinkle flaxseed over 1/3 cup water. Let stand until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir to combine.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir in oil, almond milk, flaxseed mixture, bananas, and vanilla.
  • Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. Let bread cool in pan 15 minutes.
  • Remove bread from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
  • Store tightly wrapped in plastic, up to 3 days, or freeze, up to 3 months.
one of my favorite treats is Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies especially since you dont even have to bake them!
this recipe is really up to the persons preference for texture and taste but how i make it is using three cups of non instant oatmeal and putting about a cup of non dairy milk in it and microwaving it. my favorite non dairy milk is Silk vanilla protein milk because i usually have a problem getting protien throughout the day and it really has a ton of protein in it. basically the milk is just enough to get them wet and soft so that it will stick together and not be dry. then take anywhere between a half to one cup of peanut butter and put it in the microwave for NO MORE THAN 30 SECONDS! you really want to go by ten second increments because i actually burned peanut butter in the microwave by putting it in there for too long. the goal is to have the peanut butter to where you can scoop it and it runs off of the spoon into ribbons that disappear with a few seconds. at this point you should also add whatever sweetener you prefer to the peanut butter like brown sugar, agave nectar, stevia, maple syrup etc. you mix that all together and make balls that you can squish with a fork in traditional peanut butter cookie fashion. then you just put them all on a plate and chill them for about an hour at least. make sure that however you arrange them youre happy with the placement because theyre really hard to move afterwards. I personally made this into 25 cookies that were 100 cal each and 10g of carbs but it all depends on how big or small you want your cookies. you can also simply roll them up into balls and chill them that way but its a super yummy recipe that i like.
Almond Butter Brownies

What you will need:
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg (flax seeds serve as a good substitute)
- 2 tbs ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (from personal experience, Mexican vanilla extract is the best choice)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (not to be confused with baking powder)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, syrup, egg (or egg sub.,) ghee, and vanilla. Stir in cocoa powder & baking soda. Pour batter into 9in baking pan. Bake for 20-23 minutes, until brownies are done (but still retain softness in the middle). Enjoy!!

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]

Advice on being little

Your little side is always with you! I know it's […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I'm not a con person in general but I've always wo[…]

Potty training potties

Hey, 🌸Thank you for letting me be here. I found th[…]

Do you use an adult pacifier?

Yes as often as I can,and always while doing night[…]