IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss and share books, television shows, movies, games, and other recreational fun.
Disney’s latest venture into printing money, Moana, came out this week and while it takes some steps forward, this movie isn’t the total girl power adventure that we could hope for. I was really hoping that Moana would eventually, like an epic hero should, face her difficulties alone, with her helper guide Maui making like all good helper guides and dying or leaving. Alas, this is not the case.

Now, what Disney does get right, finally, is there is zero love subplot. Even it’s stronger females, like Mulan, fall prey to wanting/needing a man to be fulfilled in their life. Not so with Moana. She doesn’t want or need a man in her life. She is the Chief’s daughter, she will be Chief, and she’s going to run things and her parents at no point are pressuring her to marry some random guy at the ripe old age of 16, like with Jasmine. So, yay, progress.

The soundtrack is good, except for one song, which comes at the most pointless part of the movie. If your little is squirming in their seats, the moment the giant crab appears is a great time to take them for a mid-movie potty break. The visuals are not amazing, at no point did I go “Whoa, that was just brilliantly done”. They aren’t bad, just nothing spectacular like with something like with the original Sleeping Beatuy’s dragon scene. Just standard bland CGI. In any case, I give it 3 out of 5 stars. Go see it because nothing better is playing for your little to watch and it won’t have Daddys and Mommys bored out of their minds the entire time. If you guys would like a more in-depth spoiler review, let me know below!
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]