IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers here answer questions about being a Caregiver.
Note: Caregivers do not answer site-help questions.
Forum rules: 
* * * CLOSED TO NEW TOPICS * * *
Please post all new questions in the main General Discussion area of the site.

This NOT an area for personal ads!

Only people identifying as Caregivers (Daddies, Mommies, Babysitters, Aunts, Uncles, Bigs, etc.) or switches should be replying to these topics!
I'm trying to find maybe like a friend or girlfriend in my area and I'm having a difficult time doing so. Are there any specifics I'm missing. Or if I meet someone, how do I tell my friends or future girlfriend about my littlespace? I really don't want to be made fun of for it, so how do I go about telling people?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I think it all comes down to trust and mutual respect.

I will tell you a bit of my story, and discovering how my little was a little and how I am a Daddy.

I didn't know that my little was a little, nor did I know that I was really a Daddy, until about two months after we began traditional dating. We knew we were head over heels in love with each other, and I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life making her happy already. Yet when Mimi told me about her little side, it came as a bit of a shock. She explained to me that she had been exploring her little side alone for the better part of twelve years, but had never had a DDlg relationship, and had never come out about her little side to anyone before because she felt as though whomever she told would leave her. Knowing, however, that I was absolutely in love with her, I knew that it must mean I was in love with every part of her, and though it took me a couple of days getting used to the idea, I agreed to spend time with her while she was in little space.

I will admit, at first I found it to be bizarre, seeing someone who I knew only as an adult woman in her late twenties regress to a child of seven or eight, but the more time we spent together while she was in little space, the more I realized how much I truly loved her, how much I absolutely adored every last piece of her, and how much I needed her to need me. Additionally, I was so deeply honored that she trusted me so completely to share a side of herself that she had never shared with another before.

Within a short time, I realized how absolutely blessed I was that I had become her Daddy, that she had allowed me to be such an important part of her life, and I was thankful that she had shown me this part of myself I never knew that was so deeply fulfilling. Understand, our lives did not completely revolve around her little space or the DDlg aspects of our relationship--while she began to go into little space on a regular, daily basis, our life as an adult couple also continued on: we both went to work, we went out with friends, spent time with our families, all the while maintaining what could be seen as a very traditional dynamic in public view. We moved in together, we got married, and we were happy, all the while compartmentalizing our lives so as to function in "normal" society (I hate that word, btw). We turned one of the rooms of our home into her little bedroom/play space that was not exactly hidden from others, but was not made to be in plain view. And when we came out to people we knew, we only did so to those we knew we're open and understanding and wouldn't judge (the ones who only concerned if we were happy). We did begin to socialize with others in our area who were living the lifestyle (look up "munches" online to find gatherings of Cg/l's in your area), and making friends (and play dates) with others who fully understood, as well as becoming a part of a greater community, made a huge impact on our life together.

We lived like this for two years, the happiest two years of our lives, until she fell ill suddenly and passed away...and had she not gotten sick, I know we'd happily live this way still.

You have many options available to you, but first remember that you're not alone and you are not weird or strange or in any way deviant...you are who you are, and as long as you always try to be your best self, then you ARE your best self, and that is all you ever have to be. If you want to explore a Cg/l relationship from the get go, then introduce yourself to your local Cg/l community, get to know them, and perhaps you will find a matched caregiver there. You can also try online, but I can say I have any real experience in that arena--just make sure to take your time, because the internet is sadly full of predators, and it may be harder online to distinguish between a true caregiver and someone who seeks to take advantage of you for your differences. You can also do what my darling Mimi did--date traditionally as your biological age, and if you find someone you truly trust, someone who you absolutely loves you no matter what, you may be able to come out about your little side and, maybe, find that they, too, have a side to them they hadn't previously known.

Regardless, before you ever attempt any relationship of this sort, be it with an experienced caregiver or with someone outside the community, be sure you trust them completely...and you'll be surprised. Those who truly EARN your trust will not disappoint you.

I wish you good luck in your search for love and happiness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First off, I want to say I'm really sorry about your loss. I'm sure she was an awesome person. Thing I'm wondering is, how do I get the courage to tell someone if I am traditionally dating, and have won't reject me. I know NEVER to bring this up on a first date, but I don't want to be made fun of. My family went through my room before and found all my stuff that I go into little space with and I fletcher completely humiliated and I still do to this day.
I want to tell my friends and I do want to date someone but I'm afraid of them finding out and not understanding, like my family.
(P.S. I hate the word "normal" too) [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
First, you shouldn't feel humiliated. If others don't understand, it's their problem, not yours. Granted, I'm not exactly out to everyone in my life, but more because it just makes life a bit easier, I think.

To answer how you find the courage, I will again say make sure you trust the people you tell completely. Make sure they know the kind of person you truly are, first. And trust in yourself, too. I wish I could tell you exactly how my little found the courage to tell me, and all I can fathom is that she trusted me completely...that I wouldn't judge her, that I wouldn't humiliate her, that I wouldn't leave her.

Wish I had a better answer for you. Perhaps posting the question to other littles how they've come out to friends, family, and partners...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]

I'm looking for diapers, nice baby ones, sexy ones[…]