IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
I, as a caregiver, am more of a long distance caregiver, because my life isn't necessarily in the best place for something close. Being that I am mainly long distance, my absolute hardest problem is rewarding a little when they have been good. Being that I don't have the spare money to buy them stuff, I always feel super bad that I can't reward them. Do any other caregivers have this problem, but more importantly, what are some other ways llittles enjoy being rewarded?
By Deleted User 29602
You could always use skype to read her a bedtime story. There's also an app called "Couple" (no quotes on the store) where "you can upload photos, create shared lists, and add dates relevant to your relationship to a calendar. You can also "thumb kiss" by holding your thumb to the screen: The print will show up on your partner's screen, and they can put their own thumb over it. There's also a drawing function that lets you send scribbles or even create pictures together." And last thing I can think of is watching a movie with her through screen sharing on a chat site or rabb.it
By dmz2000
You can also let them have a later bedtime or give them special permission. Such as, they may have an extra can of pop or some extra candy. I personally love when mommy lets me stay up later so I can watch more tv with her. It is amazing. There are quite a few things you can do, it is just harder to reward and punish littles when it is a long distance relationship
By Lacie828
I, personally, hate when people use attention or affection as a reward/punishment. So for me things like longer phone calls or bedtime stories don't really work, but your little might be different! If they have rules about things like sweets or bedtimes I think giving them special permission to eat more sweets or stay up late is awesome. Honestly, I think praise is a really great reward? Just telling them how well they did and how proud you are of them. It's super sweet and I'm sure it will put a smile on your littles face :angel:
By Bigbear110
The best way to give long distance rewards:
1) make sure they know their cared after make sure they have everything they need
2) make care packages! Sippies,binks,blankets,coloring. Books stickers (anything that they would love) none of it has to be expensive trust me just the thought they would love
3)set up a later bedtime and suprise them with a Skype call! They would love to see you're face and they would be excited.
4)watch movies togeather even over Skype. Use Netflix for the movie selection and start it togeather
5) just remind them how amazing they are. Tell them genie being good and you're happy with them. Just simple re assurance can be so rewarding.
As a long distance caregiver, you can reward your little by taking the time to write them sensual and loving letters that you can send by snail mail or sending them emails that they can find and be reminded on how much you care for them. Another possible reward would be to give them other privileges, like the ability to stay up later and talk to you through skype and if that isn't available, you can record a small video for them to see and feel loved. Lastly, you could do a reward that extends over a period of days, sending them cute pictures/videos/messages for a time that can make them feel special.
I've never had a caregiver, so I can't speak from experience, but being that I actually prefer the idea of a long-distance relationship, I thought maybe I could chime in and offer some input from the little POV.

Personally (obviously not speaking for all littles), I'm not big on gifts anyway. I feel guilty if someone buys something for me because I don't have a lot of money to reciprocate, and I always feel as if like deserves like. If someone gives me a gift, I feel I ought to do the same (though the reverse isn't true. I just like to give gifts, I never expect anything back).

Instead, I'd rather have something that 'means something' and isn't bought. Isaac mentioned reading a bedtime story and I will confess, that's something I would absolutely adore. I haven't been read to since I was a toddler, and to me that's one of the most soothing things in the world. I'll even go on Youtube to find ASMR videos to listen to while I go to sleep because it's the closest to having that. A little voice recording I could listen to, or a video I could watch would be a wonderful thing too, and a letter? An actual, written (as opposed to just recorded) letter saying what you did that day or how you felt? Glorious. Any time I get a letter or email from someone, I treasure it, because it's something they've taken the time to create to tell me things about their life, and that's special.

Other things, if you wanted tangible things, that I personally would love, are (surprisingly) little things. By that, I mean things where you've taken the time to do something you'd do with your little. If you'd sit down and draw with him/her, you could draw a picture and send it to them. If you'd make crafts, send those. They don't have to be good, or even fancy, but the fact that you thought about your little, took the time to sit down and do something while thinking of them, then took the time to pack it up and send it would be so incredibly thoughtful. It could be a pair of toilet paper tube binoculars with stickers all over, and I would set it in pride of place where I could see it always.

One daddy I talk to sometimes online (he's not mine but he still looks after me now and then if I'm upset or feeling sick) is like that. All I have to do is post on my blog if I'm not feeling well or if my anxiety's bad, and not long later, he messages me to say hello and talk to me for a while. Even a few minutes' talk is a wonderful distraction from whatever's bothering me and makes me feel, just for a little bit, like someone really cares.

Long story short, there are a million ways to make your little feel loved, regardless of how much money you can spare. You don't even have to spend a penny.
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]