I think a good conversation or two outside of the act of having sex or while actively regressing would clear a lot of this up. It’s pretty normal for adult couples to have conversations about sex and their desires, fantasies, and even just curiosities. You can start by asking how he feels about some more twisty things and if he has any curiosities you two could possibly explore together. Remember that these things may need a gradual build-up to get to so be patient and supportive of what he is willing to try.
Do keep in mind that:
- Not everyone is a Caregiver. Just the same as being a Little, the Caregiver identity is a part of a person’s personality. It isn’t just-what-they-do, it’s a part of how they perceive and exchange emotionally.
- If your partner isn’t a Caregiver then you can’t force them into becoming one. He can’t just choose to be one if that isn’t who he naturally is. Accept who your partner is, and work together to have both of your needs met without too much sacrifice from one side. Be fair.
- Even if your partner does turn out to be a Caregiver, understand that he may not be interested in punishments, funishments, mock abuse, or BDSM.
- Being a Little is not synonymous with being a submissive or being interested in BDSM.
- The BDSM community is a separate community.
- Being a Little is not a kink, and Caregivers shouldn’t be used to fulfill things like Daddy kink.
- You may need to have separate conversations about these topics with your partner so that he understands your regression doesn’t necessarily mean you’re turned on and seeking intimacy.
If he seems somewhat clueless about some of the BDSM scenes that interest you then it might be fun to watch adult art together or read stimulating material to each other so that he has examples. There are also BDSM communities you two may want to join together, but I feel like sexually-explicit groups may need to wait until he builds some confidence in these explorations.
I’m sure everything will work out just fine with some more communication. It sounds like your relationship has just progressed to the point of talking about deeper desires and that’s quite natural. Be patient, keep communicating, and try to be reasonable about your expectations of your partner. You don’t need to go from 0 to 100 immediately and you may need to have smaller conversations frequently to build him up into trying something new. Have fun together and focus on what you do
have as best as you can.
Enjoy your path together