IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
By aleex_bee
I'm a ftm transgender and a bit thicker and the other night a family dinner, my grandma pointed out that I was getting chubby in my face and thighs and I usually wear looser clothes as to help hide my figure so she pointed out I was starting to look really chubby. This was in front of my entire family and I've already been struggling with really bad body image issues. Is there any tips on how to lose weight and maybe help with my dysmorphia?
By Oddfellow
aleex_bee wrote:I'm a ftm transgender and a bit thicker and the other night a family dinner, my grandma pointed out that I was getting chubby in my face and thighs and I usually wear looser clothes as to help hide my figure so she pointed out I was starting to look really chubby. This was in front of my entire family and I've already been struggling with really bad body image issues. Is there any tips on how to lose weight and maybe help with my dysmorphia?
For starters consider the source. Is it possible you have issues about your weight because your grandmother and other members of your family have a culture of fat shaming?

If you want to lose weight talk to a nutritionist or your doctor but do so for the right reasons.

Do you have a therapist to work through your dismorphia? Dismorphia can give you a false sense of your shape and weight.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

By dollyprincess
I'm fat, I don't really think there's anything wrong with being chubby but stay with things like waking for 30 mins and maybe 20 squats a day :) it shouldn't put to much strain on you and you'll lose a little weight this way too
By StrawberryMonsterMix
The only way I've gotten over my issues with my body due to my weight has been to accept it and go from there.
I used to be so disgusted with myself for being fat, because according to the world around me "obesity" was worse than murder, that it kept me from loving my body and taking care of it. I viewed it as a foreign object or prison that I had to break out of before I could ever be happy and be myself. I became very depressed and suicidal. It got to a point where I was so desperate that I developed an eating disorder and was HAPPY about it (as were others, tbh.)
After opening up to a few people, I found and joined in with the fat acceptance movement, met some cool people, and gained a lot of confidence and appreciation for my body. I'm not saying that I'm now a sexy, thin person like you see in those Jenny Craig commercials. I took up yoga, and eat as healthy as I can afford, right now. Yes, I've lost some weight, but the important thing is that that's not really the goal anymore. The goal for me is to be happy mentally, emotionally, and physically. You can be fat and happy in all of those areas, too. Crazy, I know.
I hope you find some help. You're not alone. You're not unworthy of love. Don't listen to those who tell you that you aren't because you don't look like they want you to.
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]