IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
By themysticone
There are many posts here from people that are having a hard time. I am there with you. I had a very bad past that I have to fight every day. I was diagnosed Bipolar when I was 8 before they called it that. 29 years later, I am still here and doing well. I have learned ways over the years to cope with and even block negativity. Meditation has worked for me. At first I fought the idea. I don't have time was my biggest argument. I promise you...you have time. There are meditations for just about every situation. There is always hope.

Meditation is simple. Do not overthink and do not get discouraged. I have been at this for years and some days I cannot count my breath to 10. The attempt and the effort is the point. If you can make it through then you are having a good day. If you cannot then you are doing what you need to do. Please remember to have patience in your effort. Have patience with yourself.

I am going to post some Meditations that I have enjoyed over the years. Most of these are my adaptations and interpretations. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to answer.

Good luck and remember you are not alone.

Mystic
By themysticone
Meditation #1

River Meditation

So obviously read this through then do it.

Lie on your back and count your breaths. Count to 20 only counting the out breath. When you get to 20 imagine you are lying in a river. The river is not deep. The water is flowing from your head to your feet. Feel the weightlessness. Feel the water in your hair. You are floating still in the torrent of flowing water. Do not try to stop your thoughts. Let them come forward. Recognize them as what they are. They are not your friend. They are bad. Let them come to the surface. Feel them as if they are coming to the surface of your skin. As they are full front in your mind let the water push them down your body. Feel the water moving them towards your feet. Focus on the thought till it reaches your toes then watch it float away. The cleansing cool water flows over you moving the thoughts down and out of you; carrying them away. As you see them move away from you let them go. Once gone let the next thought come and do the same. Moving to the surface and washing away.

This process continues till you are done or until you fall asleep. I have awakened many times in the morning thinking I had failed. This is not the case. If sleep takes you do not fight it. Relaxing to that point is a good thing. Some days it takes 5 minutes. Others take hours. There is no right and wrong. All gained is progress.

Keep Moving Forward

Mystic

Ohhh don't worry about others. I felt weird at the[…]

Date cgl site help

That does not seem to work either, I'm afraid. Alt[…]

Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]