IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
I'm pretty sure I'm at least mildly afraid of the dark. I'm always sure that someone is watching me or that every shadow on the window is someone trying to get in, even if I'm on the second floor.
But I don't think I could use a nightlight. Whenever I get migraines, I get photosensitive and light bothers me so I need a place to be as dark as possible.
Usually having a person around helps a lot, but that's not always an option.
Any suggestions?
By PetPapa
Perhaps one of those solar system night lights? They are generally pretty dim and shine throughout the whole room.

It may be still a little bright for you, but maybe you could hide under the covers and peek if you get scared. And don't forget to have your favorite stuffies watching out for you and keeping you safe when you can't look :)

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
I knew someone who used to be afraid of the dark, and they started using night masks. They couldn't be afraid of the shadows if they couldn't "see" the shadows. Might want to try that out and see if it works for you. Hope it helps!
Med75381 wrote:I knew someone who used to be afraid of the dark, and they started using night masks. They couldn't be afraid of the shadows if they couldn't "see" the shadows. Might want to try that out and see if it works for you. Hope it helps!
I actually have one! I use it when I get migraines because it blocks out so much light. I might try to use it more.
By not-a-crybaby
I recommend one of those pillowpet nightlights that put stars on the ceiling. i've got one and there are different colors to choose from so its not too bright and it lights up the ceiling instead of a single focused light. i get really bad headaches at night and sometimes when i stay up too late i can see the shadows 'moving' or things out of the corner of my eye. this little pillowpet ( a penguin named Fish) has really helped me, and the stars are just so pretty to look up at when you're trying to fall asleep! hope this helps! :pen: :pen: :pen:
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]