IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
As a mommy you are supposed to be strong, and patch up all your littles wounds and ouchies. You spend all your time being strong your little forgets to ask of you are alright. Your little does not know how to help if you break down, or he does not care. Is he suppposed to care? Should i continue loving littles that have no intention of showing me what i show them ?
In my opinion, a CG/l relationship is a two way street. Caregivers and littles may show love, support, and concern for one another in different ways, however, it should be shown by both, regardless. Others will disagree, and that's fine: we all want and need different things.

We've written a little bit about this in another post in the Mental Health forum, topic "Daddy Dom and Depression"...though it's a totally different topic, we've mentioned ways that our littles have helped us through tough times, have shown compassion and love, and have cared for us, emotionally and spiritually.

There are many different dynamics that can be achieved in a CG/l relationship. Some are strictly about the caregiver taking care of or lording over a little, while some are truly about developing a transcendent mental, spiritual, emotional and physical connection between two equals...and there are all types in between. If what you seek is a more caring relationship with a little, one in which your little shows you he/she truly cares, and you haven't found it, then it just means you're in the wrong kind of relationship/dynamic and possibly with the wrong little. Yes, there are littles who can and will help you when you break down, those who will support you and love you and show you a caring side like you've never seen before...you just have to find them. And maybe talk to your little now outside of little space, discuss your concerns before making any decisions...maybe your little does feel that way toward you but doesn't know/think you want them to show it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. :omfg: Absolutely!

Littles should care just as much for their Caregiver as they receive care from them. :luff: Perhaps the care is shown in a different way though, and perhaps sometimes they have to make personal sacrifices to make sure their partner is happy too. This is why you should get to know your partner well before you enter a relationship with them. If you don't know their methods of showing care then maybe sometimes you don't know when they're trying to show you that care.

For me, past partners have shown me care when I've been feeling down by doing things that uplift me. They have colored pictures for me, made little artwork or crafts, or have given me some sort of authority by asking me for direction about very small tasks (sometimes just given the opportunity to be in charge when you feel out of control in another area feels great). :art: Some have gotten bandaids for ouchies, given me kisses for said ouchies, or have held me in comfort when I cried.

Littles are very well capable of hugging, kisses, giving apologies, and having adult conversation. :stuffie: I think it is easy for them to forget that, while they play into being a cute 3-year-old, they are still an adult and are capable of acting as such or communicating as such. Sometimes showing love and care is talking about a serious subject with your partner so that they can get all of their thoughts and feelings out there and understood by somebody that means something to them.

If a little is not willing to care for their Caregiver then I feel like they aren't really devoted to that relationship. It could be that they're very young and inexperienced with relationships though. It could be that they're just generally selfish and have the wrong impression of the Caregiver/little relationship. There could be many factors to their lack of effort.

We are more than just Caregivers. We are more than just these relationship dynamics. We are people. We have feelings and needs too.
:you:
Just because I identify as someone who enjoys providing care for another person doesn't mean I never expect to also be cared for or given to by my partner. I believe that healthy relationships are balanced with important aspects such as feeling cared for by each other.

I wouldn't typically drop someone (assuming that I felt the person was decently experienced with relationships) instantly because I felt like they failed at showing care for me in a moment that I needed, but I would have a heart to heart talk with them to bring it to their attention. If I felt like then my needs were still being neglected then, yes, it's proven to me that whoever that person is just isn't the person for me.
Littles can care and should care. :hugs:
By thecrinklemonster
^ It really is a two way street. I show that I care by hugging and doing things such as draw pictures or just being there and helping in any way that I can. Lots of cuddles too! I love doing that. Go big or get lost. If someone doesn't reciprocate then there is a heavy question in my mind if they even really care.
I agree with everyone above! Littles need to care for their Caregivers too!! For me personally, if I see that my Daddy is not feeling well, physically or mentally, I automatically leave little space and take care of his needs. I can't enjoy myself in little space if I know my Daddy is hurting and needs someone. If your little isn't showing you love and support when you're down, you should have a serious heart to heart to them. We are adults, and we are capable of having adult conversations and sometimes we need to be adults in the relationship instead of littles. Being a little/Caregiver is just a dynamic of the relationship.
This lifestyle introduces a dynamic of dependence and trust. However this is just one aspect of a healthy relationship between a couple that follows this lifestyle. Even if this is a 24/7 lifestyle, caregivers and littles are still a couple and have to look out for eachother, especially so since our lifestyle is misunderstood by so many. If you don't have someone that is willing to be there for you, that is not a healthy relationship to start off with. That is why I personally before getting into role playing and connecting make sure that whomever I am currently being cared for matches me on a emotional level and is willing to be there outside of roleplay as well. From a little's perspective yes, we do crave being cared for more than caring for a person, it is inherent in the role itself, but it doesn't mean we SHOULDN'T care, we really really should. This type of relationship should develop some of the deepest levels of empathy possible. I hope this helps. If you ever want to talk I am here to listen. =)
New to being a little

Thank you I really appreciate you insight here :bh[…]

Caregivers leaving for work

I'm currently a "stay at home gf" and i […]

Ohhh don't worry about others. I felt weird at the[…]

Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]