IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers here answer questions about being a Caregiver.
Note: Caregivers do not answer site-help questions.
Forum rules: 
* * * CLOSED TO NEW TOPICS * * *
Please post all new questions in the main General Discussion area of the site.

This NOT an area for personal ads!

Only people identifying as Caregivers (Daddies, Mommies, Babysitters, Aunts, Uncles, Bigs, etc.) or switches should be replying to these topics!
I tend to see every action as an expression of a need. If a little is behaving amd simply playing with stuffies or studying or some other mundane activity for the most part I am going to go about doing what I need to be doing. When a little acts bratty is is usually a cry for attention and is treated accordingly. Now if I am busy working on something that cannot be disturbed and have made such known, brattiness is going to be responded to by things like drawing amino acid chains or some such similar time occupying endevour, or maybe a time out, denial of something she really wants because it is behaviour that needs adjustment.

there is anotehr situation however, where a little is bratty to get the attention of a Daddy who simply has not been spending enough time, mundane or skin, with her. In that case it is not the little that needs correcting but the Daddy. So the classic thing for my last little was to dance around in a particular shirt that, well grabbed my attention. Thenshe got what she wanted, my attention. Different actions have different meanings.

So is acting bratty bad? No, not always, depends on the intention.
There's a different between being a Brat and being a Brat. There's a brat, where they're just straight being a "brat" being disrespectful, rude, mean, hurtful, and just no fun to be around. Then there's being a Brat. Where your playful, smartassy/cheeky come backs/jokes, getting excited and letting your hyperness run wild, playfully pushing small buttons, maybe a small pouty tantrum to be cute when you want something. I believe a lot of people get them mixed up. One is like angry and most the time those people don't even realize how nasty they really are acting/simply don't care. One's all in good fun, not to be mean or upset people, not to be self-centered. Just cute playfully behavior. Meant for fun and jokes. I'm a little bratish, but I ever try to upset or anger my Mister Master. I don't set out to misbehave, be disrespectful, or be mean/angry to people/make them angry. That is being a Bratty Brat as I like to call it. Lol
We all have great days and off days. I won't say bad days because if your facing them together they are better than most. Wanting attention is perfectly fine and pushing some buttons can make for some great memories. So if you are acting out of a need I can relate to that. But if it's something that happens often or out in public it would make me question why. I think we all have a bit o brat in us! Too much of anything can be a problem. And if it was happening a lot I would be concerned about respect and authority.
The Caregiver/Little relationship is rare enough for us already. I don't look at any relationship or person as disposable. We matter. Heart and mind matter. If it is happening too often I would want to look at the underlying cause or reason and work on it before it creates a wedge between the two people that need each other the most.
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]