IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Discuss psychological disorders and concerns, physical health, and wellness.
Note: Friendship requests are NOT appropriate for this section.
Forum rules: Please keep in mind that topics on the forum are for open and public discussion and forum conversation. These are not requests to PM the user, but, rather, to have an open dialogue on the site.

If any person is looking for friendship or one-to-one private messaging then they should be posting within the Looking for Friendship area.
This is my little girl's first summer wearing a diaper 24-7 and I am already having diaper rash problems. I'm trying to change her diaper promptly, especially when she is messy but her poor bottom still gets red and angry. Is it the heat? What should I try in creams and/or powders? Dumb question, she's shaved "down there" does it make any difference in the diaper rash department?
By Dollie
I don't wear diapers, but rashes can occur on your little's bottom because of sweat during the summer, even when she hasn't made a mess. Chafing is a really bad problem during the summer for a lot of people. I've heard of people applying an unscented deodorant to areas where the rashes occur. If you don't already use it, baby powder is very helpful to keep the area dry, too. If she gets a rash from razor burn (which can be an additional problem) then a cold compress helps numb the area, reduce swelling, and stop razor bumps from swelling.
That's all the tips I can think of for now... good luck!
By AmyBaby
Have you tried proactively applying diaper rash cream? Like before the rash starts? I like Desitin but you aren't supposed to use it with cloth diapers. There are other products for cloth diapers but I don't have experience to recommend any nor do I know any brand names but I know I've seen at least one on Amazon.com
We have started using desitin with every diaper change and we aren't having as much trouble. She didn't like it at first, it gets everywhere and won't come off easily but it has become part of her regular changing routine. I ended up taking my little girl to a doctor because her poor bottom developed itchy welts. We had no problem with her visiting the doctor in her diaper, she just assumed she was incontinent. It ended up that a yeast infection developed with her rash. The doctor prescribed a cream and advised more regular changes, desitin with every change, and time without a diaper to dry things out. Things are working out and my little girl likes "naked time" around the house.

Ohhh don't worry about others. I felt weird at the[…]

Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]