IMPORTANT CHAT UPDATE:
♥ Please clear your cache, cookies, and/or history to refresh the chat if it isn’t loading for you. We have pushed some updates to fix bugs.
Caregivers, Mommies, Daddies, adult babies, middles, babyfur, and all other Bigs and littles discuss regression, relationship dynamics, have open group conversation, share experienced advice, and exchange ideas to help one another grow in knowledge.
Note: Personal ads are NOT permitted.
Forum rules: This section of the site is for open, group conversation and public discussion topics within the community.
► Show more details
I am completely a newbe to the Cgl dynamic. Other than some brief reading I've done the past 2days I am uncertain about this lifestyle.

1.What characteristics make someone be considered a little?
2.Do littles have real life responsibilitiespecially? (everything I've been able to find so far makes it sound like the little has no life outside of being a little. My Dom and I don't live together, we both work and have children, and I go to college).
3. How do you determine what type of little you are? (I've been told that I have a 'Brat' personality. Can you be a brat and a little?) I know their are different types of littles like Emotional littles and Physical littles. I feel more closely to the Emotional little.

If there are any caregivers or littles that can answer these questions I would so greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.
These are some good questions, MMMHMMM.
1.What characteristics make someone be considered a little?
The experience of "being little" is different for every person you meet. Typically, being a little falls into the concept of "acting younger than you actually are." Many littles find they have a certain age group that best describes the way they like to act. For instance, I feel I am four. I enjoy littlespace activities that a four year old might enjoy such as: coloring, drawing, colorful Nintendo video games, using a bottle and a pacifier, and living in a blanket fort.
You might be different though. Perhaps you like things older children would enjoy. That's fine too and we call those people middles (6-15 set). Some people only find being little to be a physically intimate thing, some people (like me) find littlespace to be a theraputic/relaxation thing. Some people wear diapers. These people are called ABDLs. They vary on a spectrum from AB (adult baby) who wears diapers and acts like a baby, to DL, who just wear diapers.
2.Do littles have real life responsibilitiespecially? (everything I've been able to find so far makes it sound like the little has no life outside of being a little. My Dom and I don't live together, we both work and have children, and I go to college).
As a little, I put on a big persona every day when I go to work. Littles do not exclusively live as littles. In fact, that facet of the lifestyle is actually rare because it's so hard to get into that kind of relationship. My mommy would like to eventually move into that lifestyle, but I have 60k in student loan debt so I probably won't be a 24/7 little anytime soon.
3. How do you determine what type of little you are? (I've been told that I have a 'Brat' personality. Can you be a brat and a little?) I know their are different types of littles like Emotional littles and Physical littles. I feel more closely to the Emotional little.
There's a lot going on in this community though. What is it just to tell you that I enjoy acting like a four year old when there's a large part of my soul and psyche that actually feels it is four years old. What is it to tell you about ABDLs when I literally wear diapers 24/7. There's a lot getting caught in the cracks here that you don't get just by reading about it. You kind of have to live it.
And you? You're just taking your first steps. This must seem like a really big and complicated world to you. Actually it's not complicated at all. It all has to do with who you feel you are as a person. We have lots of definitions for what and who we are as people, but you are going to just be you at the end of the day...and that's 100% okay.
Be yourself. Discover yourself. Then put a definition on that person later.
Like I said, I feel like an emotional little (as of right now). My mindset is what brings out my inner little. From what I've read and the personal exploration I've done I think I'd be more of a middle. I love the idea of a 'Gentle Dom' and perhaps even a Daddy. I know I have SO much to learn and need to figure out what I personally want and need, but I'd also like to please my Dom. He has been so kind and understanding.

Thank you for answering.
Identifying Role

For such a long time now I have I identified as a […]

Littlespace/Agere shoes??

There are resources out there that I know of that […]

Has anyone gone to a con?

I have considered going to CAPcon someday. I am on[…]

Yes! Very often during the day when I feel worse, […]

Advice on being little

There is a lot you can do under the guise of self […]